Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

inferno drops

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by jean valjean, Apr 4, 2012. | Replies: 30 | Views: 2941

1. jean valjean

jean valjean Banned

inferno drops

Apparently you will be able to find the exact same items in hell and act1 inferno as you can at the end of inferno. What is the point of inferno then, other than just the challenge of beating it? I was hoping that there would be certain ultra rare items that only spawn in the late stages of inferno. This would give me a lot more motivation to build my character strong enough to survive inferno. Now, I just don't see the point.
  2. Bowzer

Bowzer <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a><br>D

Re: inferno drops

Where did you read this?

Link please.

3. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

The reason to build a better character is to get better chances of getting the rare stuff. I don't remember the drop tables from D2, but I think that many good items that had better chances of dropping in Act 5 of Hell could drop even in Act 1. This isn't really a new thing, although I was hoping for exclusive items in the later Acts as well.
  4. Raesene

Raesene IncGamers Member

What are the point of video games other than the challenge of beating them?

I don't need the possibility of shiny lootz in order to want to beat inferno. If it will make you feel better, there will probably be a shiny achievement.

5. Davidus

Davidus IncGamers Member

6. gruenel

gruenel IncGamers Member

Obviously, the really good items will have a higher drop chance at the end of inferno.
  7. tvc

tvc IncGamers Member

He said that theres a small chance to find a highest tier item in hell, a bit higher chance in act 1 inferno and highest chance in act 4 inferno. If you wanna go grind helldiff for the rarest items... have fun. As soon as i am good enough to go into inferno and get a better droprate i will.
  8. jean valjean

jean valjean Banned

Actually there were items in D2 that could only drop in act 4/5 hell. And there were Baal charms and all that.

the incentive of better loot is always a good motivator. Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but I'm sure that to many people it makes a big difference. And I couldn't care less about achievements.

9. Raesene

Raesene IncGamers Member

If you need motivation to play the later acts, it sounds like you don't expect to get much enjoyment out of them. You should be glad that Blizzard is not forcing you to do something you don't enjoy doing. If you *do* enjoy the better challenges, then it sounds like you're being disingenuous when you say you want to be motivated to do them. Then it sounds more like you care about what kind of loot *other* players are getting.
  10. Ixnatifual

Ixnatifual IncGamers Member

Some people like to have fun playing them, too! But yeah at least for me beating a challenge is an important ingredient in having fun when I play a game.

11. Raesene

Raesene IncGamers Member

I agree, the fun is the real point. The most important thing to me is I have fun playing it. If others have fun playing in a way that I don't, that doesn't bother me.

12. HardRock

I thought all items could drop in the level 85 areas in the different acts. I haven't played in a looooong time.

13. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

This is correct. That's why The Pit and Ancient Tunnels were popular, especially in Single Player with static maps

14. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

You'll miss out on 41-45 life GCs in those areas. But yeah, all the gear that has a significant impact on the quality of your character drops in certain parts of A1 hell. Edit: Forgot about dkeys... torches have a pretty significant impact.

15. HardRock

Good to know that my time spent farming The Pit wasn't wasted. Although I never really found anything good there, so I guess it was wasted after all. :)

16. Smips

Smips IncGamers Member

It's my understanding that you'll have a higher probability of the best items dropping in the later acts. I suspect the drops rates there would be along the lines of what they were for D2's rarest items and some fraction of that(1/2 or 1/4 the probability maybe?) in Hell/early Inferno. And the rarest items in D2 were plenty rare enough for a system like this. Go check the Single Player forum and see how long it takes for people to find Windforce/DWeb/Tyreal's...
  17. Elfik

Elfik IncGamers Member

Well it would be nice to have inferno exclusive items at least. Even if they drop everywhere in inferno (but with varying drop chances), there should be something at least. Maybe just a certain crafting material or recipe?
  18. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

Chance to drop uber bow of killing stuff:

hell: 0.001%
    inferno a1: 0.002%
    inferno a2: 0.0025
    inferno a3: 0.0040
    inferno a4: 0.01

Diablo 2 pretty much worked as such for the highest level of items (the few 85+)
  19. Elfik

Elfik IncGamers Member

So as long inferno act 4 can be beat >0.25 times as fast as hell or something like that, it will be worth it. So a slow inferno grind could actually be worth it, item-farming-wise. That's a good system, I'd say.

20. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

i like the idea of having inferno only gear, and i think we will get it down the road but i would like the inferno gear to be able to drop from the first to last mob in inferno (like elfik said).