Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Increased difficulty?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by Inntinn, Jun 28, 2012. | Replies: 2 | Views: 746

1. Inntinn

Inntinn IncGamers Member

For the past week or so most of what I have been doing is itemfarming in inferno Act 1 (Warden/Butcher).
    In this week I estimate to have done about a 100 of these runs with my barb and truth be told, I probably died about 10 times in all these runs. Now, the past day or so I did an additional three runs with the same barb, same gear, same technique (routine) and in these past three runs I died 7 times. Am I seeing things that aren't there or did they increase difficulty somewhat? I get the impression that especially champions (elites?) seem a little buffed? I keep getting horror combo's of death (Molton, Desecrator, Arcane, Jailor/Frozen) on all of them it seems. Or is this just bad luck all of a sudden?
  2. sifuedition

sifuedition IncGamers Member

Since the buff to mortar, it seems I see that affix maybe as much as twice as often as before. I suspect Blizz this early in the game is playing with numbers. They may be trying to see what affixes have what effects on success, etc. Not to be "conspiricy theorist" about it. Seems like it would be a necessary part of data gathering for them. Not sure they need to modify the affix chances to do that, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.
  3. luizdeh

luizdeh IncGamers Member

Not in the least, dude, honestly.

Even horrible combos still are completely doable. I farm Act 1 with my Monk and die due to poor (lazy) game-play or lag.

Seems to me you are in a funk when it comes to affixes... been through it before in Act 2, getting idiotic Fast+Plagued+Illusionist+Arcane Lacuni (with other retard combos that owned me) and stupid mosquitoes with stupid fire chains and whatnot every single game that screamed 'go back to act 1 and farm, weakling'.