Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IncGamers Community Voice Chat

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Bowzer, Jan 9, 2012. | Replies: 1134 | Views: 58049

1. Bowzer

Bowzer <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a><br>D

IncGamers Community Mumble

We have a community funded mumble voice chat server set up and running. :jig:

If you want in, just connect to the mumble server with the info provided below. After you connect to the mumble server, one of the admins can register you. Please be patient as you will have to wait in the lobby until someone registers you.

Mumble Download: Click Here
    IncGamers Skin: Version 0.8

View attachment 1477
    [strike]
    Server: lax.eoreality.net
    Port: 64746

Username: Your incgamers forums username

Update:
    Label: Whatever you want
    Address: bendis.typefrag.com
    Port: 41125

Username: Your forum name
    [/strike]

Kestegs' new server:
    Helios.typefrag.com
    port: 8770

Note: Do not
    run mumble from the backwards compatible executable, use the regular mumble executable that gets placed onto your desktop, or inside of the mumble directory in program files.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2012
  2. Siege Valgore

Siege Valgore IncGamers Member

Re: IncGamers Clan?

Inc Gamers Mumble Guide.

Mumble is a Voice over I.P program designed for groups, similar to Teamspeak or Ventrillo. If you have any experience with either of those, you will be familiar with the way it works. If not, don't worry as it's very simple and provides a great way for IncGamers friends to chat and play Diablo.

Mumble is available over at the mumble sourceforge here: http://www.mumble.com/mumble-download.php

It is available for multiple platforms, and we recommend using the 1.2.3a (stable) client for your operating system.
    A microphone isn't required, but obviously without one you won’t be able to speak. Mumble does, however, come equipped with a text-to-speech function and full chat channels built in as well, so it's worth using.

On the topic of microphones, a good "gaming" headset can be had for as little as $30US now, such as the Plantronics Gamecon 367. (note I am not recommending this one in particular) Don't assume a good headset is out of your price range, however, a higher quality one is well worth the investment.

Connecting

To connect for the first time go to Server/Connect/Add new and add in the server details which are:

Label: Whatever you want
    Address: bendis.typefrag.com
    Port: 41125
    Username: (Your Forum Name) PLEASE ONLY USE YOUR FORUM NAME!

Username is important. When in the server you will have to be registered to gain rights. This authenticates you as the only person with that name, and your computer as that name. You will not be able to change this. This is for security reasons so we can ascertain who is who and to keep the server clean of unwanted guests.

Setup

When in the Mumble client, to use the Configuration commands below you have to select the advanced check-box.

When launching Mumble for the first time it will run you through a setup wizard.

Firstly it will want you to select your input and output devices. This will come natively from your audio drivers so default device should be fine. If however, you cannot get it to detect your microphone, first run Speech Recognition found in the Windows Control Panel to determine if you microphone is working correctly.

Device tuning; which will determine the delay time between audio packets. It will have a voice overlay for you to test this, and I do recommend sliding it as low as possible to boost audio quality. This can also be accessed through the client by Configuration/Audio Input and under the Compression header sliding the audio per packet to 10ms.
    View attachment 1478

Volume Tuning: fairly self explanatory. One thing to remember is that you can enable up to a 30db microphone boost either through your sound panel recording settings, or in Mumble through Configuration/Audio Input/Amplification (bottom slider). Please make sure your mic isn't loud, we don't want hearing loss :) Voice Activation detection: this will enable voice activation speak. I ask you to ignore this and use push to talk as nobody likes hearing your breathing, and push to talk is generally nicer for everyone else. Push to talk simply requires a shortcut to activate, popular keys are Left Ctrl, thumb mouse buttons, or mapping a key like F10 if you have a macro KB or Mouse.
    If you want to enable push to talk inside Mumble, go to Configuration/Audio Input and select push to talk under transmission. Then go to Shortcuts and create a new shortcut for push to talk. Note that you have the option to suppress this shortcut which will disable the key to do anything else on a separate program, once it has been activated. Finally you have quality settings, simply set this to high and configure later if need be. I doubt this will affect your lag for games but there are ways to adjust it.

Temporary Channels

All users have the ability to create temporary channels, when in a channel. This is important as when the server is busy, it enables you to create a separate "room" to talk to your party. We envisage that during launch there will be many people in each channel, so instead of pestering an admin to make more room do it yourself by clicking the root channel and selecting add. When you leave this channel it will disappear.

Advanced

It is possible to run mumble sound through your headphones and game sound through your speakers.
    Simply go into Configuration/Audio Output and select the Exclusive. Depending on your audio drivers it might require going to Control Panel to enable the speaker to play sound. If anyone needs guidance here, feel free to let us know and we would be more than happy to guide you through it.

Overlays can be customized and there are plenty of skins out there. I will work on making a custom D3 skin so it matches the game nicely. For now you can re-size it and I recommend placing it in the bottom left corner as nothing appears there in D3.

Avatars can be set through Self/Change Avatar. (note that if you exceed the maximum size, it won't display a warning. Your avatar simply won’t appear.)

Ill be expanding on this guide over the next few weeks. Feedback as always, is appreciated.

We do have some cool ideas like running a news a ticker through mumble and even auction house prices. Be sure to stay tuned.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  3. Feramors

Feramors IncGamers Member

Shoot. I'd be more than willing to sign my name.
  4. Siege Valgore

Well maybe we can get something going in this thread...
  5. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

6. grapz

grapz IncGamers Member

That would be fun. I'm in.
  7. tschlagetter

tschlagetter IncGamers Member

It's more fun playing a game with people and having people help you then trying to do it all alone. I'd be happy to join as well.
  8. Siege Valgore

Alright, well we definitely have a start. I guess the first move would be, what games do you all play, and based on that, we can decide on a main game to form the Guild in. But first, I'm going to talk with Elly and make sure she is okay with this. If we are going to be representing IncGamers, I just want to make sure she's cool with it, and if so, what steps, if any, need to take place first.

But let's start with, What games are you all playing, and which games do you play the most? (We can form a guild specifically for D3, but, as Blue currently has no plans to make guilds possible and viable in D3, we will start where we can)
  9. AKUder

AKUder IncGamers Member

Seems like D3 is the obvious choice. If nothing else we can at least befriend each other and make it easier to form groups for inferno. I'm down for sure.
  10. Siege Valgore

Obvious choice indeed. It would just be tough to recognize us as IncGamers and there are no Guild Tags, Banners, etc...Short of having really short names with Inc at the beginning or something. IncSiege. IncKestegs. Or something :p
  11. Siege Valgore

Alright, Elly says we can go ahead, but nothing major. There have been attempts in the past at forming a Guild and adding promotions on the Front Page, etc...and it all fell through. She doesn't want to get involved in that again. (It happened 3 times). I told her we would play it low key for now (Real ID's) and if Blizzard decided to implement Guilds into D3, we will revisit the idea and possibly get something together. So...let's start with Real ID's

Real ID: Poehring@gmail.com
  12. Bowzer

You know what would be an awesome name for the clan?

How about "The Pals" :D
  13. Siege Valgore

Haha nice. So we would be limiting the guild to Supporters? Hmmm...I actually might run that by Elly. She might be more inclined to get involved. Stay Tuned.
  14. Siege Valgore

Annnnn Elly makes a good point. People who can't afford PAL status one day, would still want to be in the guild to play with their Friends, etc...this would cause a big problem of the PAL guild branching off into Individual smaller guilds, which would in turn...suck. Haha. Let's keep tossing ideas out there though.
  15. Bowzer

I will make the op a melting pot for current ideas.

I still like the name pals though, even if we choose to allow non pal members :)
  16. Siege Valgore

I too, like that idea. I read somewhere on a review of GDC I think it was where Diablo 3 was...someone mentioned they were upset that they didn't talk about Clans. Perhaps they were mislead and thought they were going to, or perhaps...they heard something about clans and thought it was going to be discussed. Perhaps Blue does have intentions down the road of putting in Clan Support.
  17. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

Feel free to use my website signature if you want. I doubt Elly or someone else am opposed to this?

I have asked Elly to become partners with my website for them to host stuff like this, so she knows about my idéa very much already.

No signs of Guild/Clan support within the game yet! No blues either what I have seen lately?
  18. Siege Valgore

Well I think we will wait a little bit till we get some more supports/involvement for this. As far as your propsition to Elly, we should probably wait for an official response from her before supporting other sites on IncGamers. No offense whatsoever, just don't wanna step on any toes, ya know?
  19. MrFrye

MrFrye IncGamers Member

I'm all for it. I don't like playing with random strangers.
  20. Bowzer

Added names of people interested to the op, as well as a name brainstorm section. Please add your battletag if you haven't already. Real ID is optional of course.

Do you guys think there should be any requirements to join up? Such as like minimum post count of 100, or join date of at least a month or something? Of course there can always be exceptions to any of these.

Anyone else have any name suggestions?