Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Immortal King's Boulder Breaker

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Cdnexpat, Mar 24, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 4824

1. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat IncGamers Member

Is it ever worth using? I understand that it, in general, compares badly with a Skorn, but could it be worth using at say 1600+ DPS and 175+ crit damage or does it always fall short no matter what.
  2. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

I tried using one with around 1500 DPS for the -5 HotA cost, but it was quite awful and understandably cost only a few 100k gold. IF you could find one with over 100 crit damage and you already had over 40% crit without weapon mastery, then MAYBE it would be worth something. I had better DPS and survivability Dual Wielding with an 1100 DPS main hand and stat stick offhand. Giving up the weapon mastery crit bonus from an Axe/Mace or the 15% damage bonus from a sword and using a two handed mighty weapon might not ever balance out in favor of the mighty weapon. Even if you somehow decided against using any crit chance and just went for attack speed, the extra 3 fury/hit won't make up for the super slow attack speed. If you happen to come across a 1600 DPS Boulder Breaker and it has 175+ crit damage - try it out and then keep it for the style points.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  3. mortuus

mortuus Diablo: IncGamers Member

its still a weak weapon even a good high damage one :(
  4. mojolevel

mojolevel IncGamers Member

Assuming money is not a major limiting factor and you're playing SC, there's simply no way to out perform dual-wielding weapons as far as I'm concerned.
  5. mortuus

mortuus Diablo: IncGamers Member

even a skorn vs 2 nice 1hand weapons is a tough match to beat.
  6. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

Right, especially if you're using a tornado build that scales damage bases on APS. A Skorn is probably still king for HotA builds though unless gold is no option in which case you could have two 1300+ DPS one handers smashing crazy crits.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2