Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Im a newbie can someone please help me out

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by brando, Feb 15, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 1693

1. brando

brando IncGamers Member

Hello everyone. Ok here it goes. Im very new just started playing about a month ago. I have been playing the expansion pack just to go through the game and see what its all about. I signed on to battle net for the first time last night and was given a gift by another player in the game Im a lvl 39 barbarian and was given sigons gage ring and was told it would be good. Well now that I have put it on I cant select any inventory items and I cant move from my start point when I bring the game up which isnt cool. Anyone know how to fix this????????
  2. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

Are you sure you did not mean gloves or gauntlets instead of ring? Also are you playing closed b.net as in your characters are stored on blizzard's servers or are you playing on open b.net where your characters are stored on your hard drive, but you are still able to multiplayer with others? If you are playing on open b.net I suggest leaving there immediately. It is well known for having a lot of hacked characters and items. At least on closed b.net where the characters are stored on blizzard's servers there is less of a chance that the items are non-legit.

Here is a link to the set items in the Sigon Set. Note there is no ring and the sage is a pair of gauntlets.
  3. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

He probably doesnt know what the terms closed or open bnet mean....
  4. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

OP, there are several different modes of play which is important to help you. When you start up d2, please tell us exactly what steps you take to start a game. What options in the game menus are you selecting?
  5. brando

brando IncGamers Member

I played all the way through the expansion pack first just to get a feel for the game. I went online and had this happen and it sucks to say the least and I have no idea how to get my character back. All my inventory is red and I cannot move I am stuck in one place. I decided to go online the othernight for the first time so I double clicked my descktop shortcut and went to the multiplayer tab and joined a game. I should have went straight to the bnet tab I guess. I really would like to figure out how to remove this BS ring. I double checked and it says "sigons gage ring" lol I made sure to spell it correctly. Did some rwesearch and Im pretty sure I got took. Its takes the fun out of the game having to deal with this and possibly start over. Thank you guys for all your help!!
  6. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

If you play click on the b.net tab you will have to start over as there are no transferring of characters. If you want to keep that character for offline play then I suggest trying to use a program in the SP Forum. It is called ATMA and it will allow you to move items around, on or off your character. That is granted your character file is not corrupted, but if you are able to open it you should be fine. If you need help with it either post here or in the linked thread. Please note the SPF rules if you decide to post over there or in the linked thread. Good luck with your future characters.
  7. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

It sounds like you played offline at first, then went online with that character to try multiplayer. If so, that would be what is known as "open multiplayer". There is no security in open multiplayer. You're character can recieved hacked gear that can do crazy things to it. They created "realm play" to help prevent exactly what happened to you. For that, click on the "battle.net" tab and login that way. You'll have to start fresh, as offline chars cannot play in "realm play". Your character likely sounds broken by the item you got and you'll probably have to scrap it.
  8. Xena

Xena IncGamers Member

Useful knowledge: Don't take weird items from weird people, especially when they insist it's a great item or "gift".