Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Illusionist/Archon Build

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by limitedwhole, Jan 14, 2013. | Replies: 1 | Views: 1842

1. limitedwhole

limitedwhole IncGamers Member

Hi, I am a long time diablo player, but have yet to get into diablo 3. Was wondering if the following wizard build would work and if you have any suggestion.

Passives: Illusionist, Critical Mass, Glass Cannon

Skills:
    Meteor: Meteor Shower Very Good damage, descent proc rates to get cooldown on archon down
    Teleport: Wormhole With Illusionist very good, no need for fast run walk really, freeing up fear choices.
    Mirror Image: Duplicates Strong defensive kiting spell
    Slow Time: Time Warp Increases damage slows monsters
    Energy Armor: Force Armor Good defense even post nerf.
    Archon: Arcane Destruction This build uses Archon more as a spell and less as a form. Archon is like having three spells. We can just switch into it do a massive area effect damage spell. We can switch into to get access to disintegrate. Finally, it gives a huge armor buff for when force armor isn't enough.

Thinking Magefist, Fragment of Destiny (For fire damage), Oculus and SOJ with -AP cost to Meteor. There are a few other items with negative Ap cost to meteor as well I think.

Very defensive build with pretty high damage. Versatile as well. That being said, this is all just head stuff as I haven't played diablo 3.

What do you think?
  2. Moonie

Moonie IncGamers Member

Great to see new builds and it could work. :) Off topic wise, I really think, that the fastest way to kill mobs, is to just have archon mode all the time :) Requires a lot of dps and 24 movement speed at best, but you'll love it.