Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

If you play with Zero MF, this happens

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ConnerMacleod, Mar 24, 2004. | Replies: 19 | Views: 583

1. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

If you play with Zero MF, this happens

In my boredom at the office today, I decided to try leveling yet another sorc (I like having backups now since I lose them so frequently! :)). I joined a mule game because of the lack of quality games going in Norm, and proceed to walk to Baal.

I like walking to Baal when solo running, the xp is nice and it gives a shot at this beauty.

Found at 10:29 CST EHCL while on a solo Baal run.

Last time I saw one of these drop was in November. I ask you... why are they so overvalued now when they are so easy to find!? I found this with ZERO MF gear on!!!

2. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Great find Conner. Its funny how 2 of the "best jewelry " can be found in normal ; SOJ and Tals amulet.

I played sc for almost 1 1/2 and never found a soj. Found my 1st of 5 sojs in hc right after the dupe storm made them worthless.

3. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Old news!

I find crap all the time with no MF, its a rather simple strategy!

I got one with a lvl 27 Barb from a Chest WS2 and it was the first chest right in the middle of the hall and 6 people ran right past it!

4. ConnerMacleod

Well Stinger, I was just saying, it's an overvalued commodity. I could buy about anything in the game with it, and it drops in Norm and early NM the most.

OR, I could sell it to Charsi next time I land in a game that shows SOJs being sold. Yeah, that's what I should do.

5. g1mpy

g1mpy IncGamers Member

please enlighten me on how/where it's possible to find tal ammy in normal.
    (is it only from baal/pindle?)

6. NeoHydragen

NeoHydragen IncGamers Member

Normal Diablo and Baal for sure. I found my only tals amulet from normal Diablo in 1.09, didn't think it was possible.

It has a low chance of being dropped by Meph also, or so I heard

7. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

I got mine from norm shenk doing socket quest. Ive heard that tals can drop as early as duriel

8. YouHaveMail

YouHaveMail IncGamers Member

am I the only one that hates Stinger?

9. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

you're one crazy sob, mr mac... just cause it CAN drop in norm or nm, doesn't mean it DOES (at least not for me.... still looking for my first self-found soj...)

10. Sip

Sip Banned

Back a LONG time ago when i first started playing hardcore...The first item of value that i found was tals amulet....from normal meph..

Being an idiot i traded it for Bk Col sword.

11. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

I think I've found 4 or 5 sojs, but none in 1.10. Most of mine dropped at Meph in NM or Hell, but that's just where I mfed the most. I think pindle gave me 1 or 2 as well.

I found a tals ammy once... like an idiot I traded it! :grrr:

12. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Tal's Ammy and SoJ are the two most annoying items on my never been found list...and I spend more time playing in norm/nm than most people...you'd think dying a lot would be beneficial in SOME way to me >_<

13. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Tal's ammy has an item level of 26 even though its level requirement is 67. THis means that any monster from late act3 normal onwards can drop it includnig NORMAL meph. You could walk into act4 normal go outside kill a regular enemy and tal's ammy could possibly drop. Ridiculous for such a powerful item but that is how the system works, i myself found a tal's ammy in hardcore on normal while rushing a friend through norm meph.

14. ConnerMacleod

LOL, when you see SOJs being sold, aren't you supposed to sell all your sojs in that game? Pfft, just kidding around ya know. After the sorc is done using it, it goes straight to my Warcry barb because I lost his other soj in a tragic bass fishing accident (obscure reference anyone? anyone?). Tell ya what, the difference between level 45 and level 46 BO is incredible.

I found alot of SOJs in 1.09 (like 5 or 6)... it's just more fun in 1.10 to find them because people tend to skip over the areas where they drop most commonly, and everyone thinks you can only find them from NM Meph or Hell Baal or some other crazy thing. And having a small collection of these things (I now have 3 again! Woot!) is good for leveling any caster class char.

Just remember that the odds of a ring being an SOJ are greater when you get the drop from a monster who's level is between 39 and 53.

15. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

oh come on, that's not that obscure... but quite a quality flick. I do believe that that was the most "human" movie I've seen in quite a few years... isn't THAT ironic...

16. RlNDl

RlNDl IncGamers Member

10:th kingdom comes to mind

A singing ring in a fish belly... hmmm

17. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Fact is that Norm Council Members can drop the ellusive amulaet of Tals. Personally I find it to be an over rated item but it is still a nice one, I have given a few of them away in favor of other items.

So all you Tals ammy seeking individuals will flod the serves with Norm trav runs with 800 MF and find all kinds of Singions, Hsarus, Amgelics but no Tals and then build a dueler and try and kill me because I gave you the idea of wasting a weekend running Norm Council!!!

18. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Well, I just found my first soj ever!!!!

Hell Hephasto felt pity for my hammerdin, and decided to drop an soj instead of a high rune! :clap:

19. ConnerMacleod

Congrats Cleg! I'd settle for an SOJ any day over a Zod.

20. probo24

probo24 IncGamers Member

It's too bad we traded in normal game. right after you dropped the soj counter started going off like mad.