Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

idiocracies of temp bans

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by choffon, Jun 15, 2013. | Replies: 6 | Views: 2031

1. choffon

choffon IncGamers Member

im so frustrated with battle net and their support staff, or lack there of. Every friday i get temp banned like clock work around 5 pm. Every friday me and a friend get together and play diablo 2. we play all week fine but fridays we always get temp banned for the 12 hour ban. I contacted blizzard about this and it seems they dont care, I mean I understand that diablo 2 isnt new or their bread winner but since d3 flopped and wasnt fun i decided to get back into diablo 2. But at this point i'm over everything dealing with this company. The tech support just said to hit the forums cause they couldnt do anything. But what really bothers me is that spam is so bad and doesnt seem like the temp ban feature is working when any game thats public has over 10 spammers in it. WTG blizzard

And before anyone tells me resetting my router does not take ban off
  2. choffon

choffon IncGamers Member

oh and this is for the "developers" from what tech support, oh wait she was a billing rep doing tech support said.
  3. riotblood

riotblood IncGamers Member

You have static IP which cannot be changed and is fixed by your ISP. I had this problem
    in the past and it was very irritating.

Contact your ISP to switch you to a dynamic IP which changes regularly and everytime
    you reset your router you get a new IP.

If they can't, switch to another ISP offering dynamic IP address. If not you will suffer
    12 hour bans for eternity like me.
  4. sbn

sbn IncGamers Member

Reason resetting your router does not work is that your ISP's DHCP server has a 'lease' based on your MAC address of the router's interface. The way to get around this is simple, disconnect from cable/dsl modem and connect to A.) any other router or B.) directly to your laptop. Then you will be given a new IP address. You can also ask your ISP and maybe they will tell you (odds are the support tech will have no clue) what the lease length is. 12 hours means in 12 hours and 1 minute you plug back in your router you will once again be given new IP.

Routers are cheap these days, never bad idea have a backup anyways.
  5. heracross

heracross IncGamers Member

I'm getting sick of them.
  6. danpal

danpal IncGamers Member

are you guys getting banned for using hacks or is this some kind of glitch you are talking about?
  7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If you get banned for hacking or so, the account will be locked up permanently and the bnet account is banned for a month on the first offense and and permanently on the second, IIRC.

This is about getting temp-banned for e.g. creating too many games in an hour or switching characters too quickly. I guess the reason that it happens on Friday at 5 all the time is that the OP usually starts playing at a certain time, so he will surpass the inofficial "no more than 20 games within the last 60 minutes" limit at about 5 PM. However, these tempbans usually last for just half an hour. I've never had a 12 hour one, but I had them rarely anyway because I usually took care not to trigger them.