Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

IAS and Strafe

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by rion nagel, Nov 27, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 3454

1. rion nagel

rion nagel IncGamers Member

Hi guys. Does anyone know how ias work with strafe? I planing strafe 1h bow+shield build and i don't know - should i increase speed or not/

2. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

We are debating that actually in the strafe build topic.

More IAS makes the hatred bubble go empty more quickly. You would assume it would give more attacks? -.-

It does not seem to give more grenades however. So we are not sure yet I believe..

3. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

It does give more grenades, it's clear with 2+ attacks. Something like 2.3 aps must be the max you can go for (on Mp 0), with all possible regen sources, if you do not want to *ever* run out of Hatred. I still run out a few times per run with 2.46 aps. But I only have 107k dps. The faster you kill, the less you have to spin... The optimal balance with regards to regen, aps and dps is still to be found.

Why go with shield over quiver? A good Deadman's Legacy gives much more dmg. Ofc the build might work on higher Mps with more defense; but imo a Grenade build is better for that. You get less health globes for Vengeance-induced Hatred refill on the higher Mps, and you have to spin for longer -> your Hatred drains too quickly to keep spinning. At least with 2+ aps. You might make it work, but again it's easier with Grenades as the results are comparable and you never run out of Hatred. Strafe works best on the lower Mps, but it works very well there. I believe it is the fastest farming build for the DH atm.

4. Poekel

Poekel IncGamers Member

AFAIK base attack speed with a 1 APS weapon and no IAS should be 2 grenades per second with demolition or 4 shots per second with the other runes. In that case hatred consumption would be 12 hatred/second.

You can just multiply this with your attack speed:
    At 2 APS you would get 4 grenades or 8 shots per second and a hatred consumption of 24 hatred/second.

5. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

Interesting. Where did you get the info? In that case it's easy to see why I sometimes run out of Hatred, as I've only got 14.8 regen per sec and I use 29.52 Hatred per sec. Vengeance gives a lot of Hatred with decent pickup radius though; it's hard to quantify it because the globes drop irregularly and the pickup rate depends on pickup radius and/or vaulting over them.

I plan on buying some new gears with Crit dmg instead of ias and try to find the sweet spot that I mentioned. I'll report my finds here or in the main Strafe thread.

6. rion nagel

rion nagel IncGamers Member

damn... i found that strafe (granades) really need ias to be effective. I had 1hbow+something (50k dps) was better for me then 2hbow+quiver (70k dps) (50% crit both). More granade=more multiple crit=always have concentration for vampire and hate regen. Now i cannot tank with strafe build cuz low ias( even i have more dps.(