Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

I would like to buy the Diablo figure from Ebay, but noone ships them to Poland

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by fledgeling, Jan 26, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 3311

1. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

..what can I do?

Those figures seem to be pretty popular on both ebay and amazon - in fact, one can buy them new there - but all the shops refuse to ship them to Poland (I would also like to buy a Hydralisk figure). I guess my ebay account with 0 comments does not help much - in Poland we use a service called allegro.pl.
    I can understand this, because shipping from USA to Europe is kinda problematic since it has to be done by a service that offers tracking (e.g. DHL, UPS), so that you know if you have to pay duty fee.

Does anyone know a method to buy this figure (Diablo 2 diablo, I am also interested in the SC:BW hydralisk) and get it shipped to me? Maybe someone has one (both?) of them and is willing to sell them to me? - we can do it via ebay if you want.

To be honest I do not understand why there is no "ebay flipping" service -> buy something from a shop in USA (which despite emails refuses to ship to EU because "this is too problematic for us") -> ship it to me in Europe :/

Any ideas what to do?
    The only idea I got is to find someone reliable, paypal him/her the money (in advance), get them buy the figure of ebay and ship it to me.. maybe someone is interested in such thing? Maybe for profit?

/to mods, I had no idea in which forum should I post this; maybe America trade board? maybe player matchup?/
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  2. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

You are not allowed to just import everything from outside the eu..

Make sure taxes are payed over it and make sure enough is build in the EU itself. NEver buy something from outside the EU as it means that employment in the eu will drop.
  3. scottish one

scottish one IncGamers Member

speak to a UPS store in america near to the place. they might ship it our for you if you pay them in advance.

pretty sure UPS stores are localized quite a bit in US so i doubt this sort of thing is uncommon

you might have to pay a bit more though
  4. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

I managed to buy the figurine on allegro (it's a portal that defeated polish version of ebay so badly, that ebay quit all business in Poland - which itself was a pretty interesting story, but I doubt anyone wants to hear it; basically allegro is very similar to ebay, but local).
    Also managed to buy a "mini" hydralisk + zealot from some nice Hong Kong seller via ebay.

Now I only need to get the real 1998 Hydralisk... sadly so far no one wants to ship them to Poland from USA.

Looking at cosmic prices of some other figures, I think setting up a company to do such "flipping" service (or in fact arbitrage?) could be a potential way for some student to earn a nice bonus.

You can import anything you want, as long as it is legal (so no guns, drugs etc) - they can just charge you duty fee. Or if you get 20 copies of the same item, they can come to conclusion that you are a seller and can try to charge VAT on you - but as far as I know, the latter is easy to be stopped - when you in fact are not a seller (I used to work at a big4 tax advisory company ;-) ).

In fact, every item that has a value lower than EUR 45 is free of excise duty. If the item 'looks' as if it is worth less than EUR 45 (yet costed more) you can ask the seller to mark it as a gift and then you play the lottery - "will they impose duty fee, or not" - and usually they do not. Actually the guy who sold me the Hydralisk "mini" figure, which was worth around 11USD marked it as a gift even without me asking for it (I guess he is experienced with selling abroad).

I usually make purchases at stores and sadly few times I had to pay duty fee - mostly when the sellers wrote the value of the order at the package (my 150 USD order from XKCD shop... like 30 USD duty fee ASDF).
    Anyway, the Hydralisks go for like 20-30 USD on ebay, so it's below 45 EUR anyway.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013