Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I think I got a job

Discussion in 'US West Standard - Ladder' started by mysticc, Mar 28, 2012. | Replies: 13 | Views: 686

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysticc

mysticc IncGamers Member

I think I got a job

I went for an interview for a job yesterday in toronto (I don't live there, I had to take 5 hour train to get there), and there's a near 100% chance I got it. It pays extremely well... like 3x the industry average... and it's about damn time honestly since the economy is so terrible (at least where I live... it's horrible due to the morons we have working in government). Looks like a great place to work, lots of perks, nice senior position, etc.

Anyway, this means I won't be playing anymore, since there's no point really. I will probably just give a ton of **** away soon, when I find some time.
  2. masstaden

masstaden IncGamers Member

Re: I think I got a job

congratulations man! sad to see you go you were a cool dude for the very few times I talked to you. appreciate all the help you've done for the section. good luck!
  3. SpShadow

SpShadow IncGamers Member

Ah man i was just about to send off 40 packs your way for the shadow dancers and sup monarch 0os...
  4. torand

torand IncGamers Member

Congrats Mang!
  5. mysticc

mysticc IncGamers Member

I'll still take them. I am not giving away everything. If I get a godly amulet, there's no way I'd be giving that away :) I've crafted about 1000 amulets in the last month or so and I haven't got a damn one... so I've been basically giving away everything for free as it is. It would be nice to get an amulet for my troubles.

6. swaziboy

swaziboy IncGamers Member

hold on, hold on...lol. Some of us still want to buy from you. I've been building up craft packs.
  7. Monetoso

Monetoso IncGamers Member

Hi mysticc, congratulations for your new job!!

In any case you don't need to give up completely, simply to (significantly) reduce the time you spend on D2!

I'll still save craft packs for you ;)
  8. Sizygy

Sizygy IncGamers Member

Congrats on the job Mysticc
  9. mysticc

mysticc IncGamers Member

Thanks ;)

I'm still going to play d3. I don't see why I have to give that up. I am and will always be a gamer ;) lol. But I will really need to focus on other things now, like packing, moving, hanging out with friends, etc.

10. Tbone

Tbone IncGamers Member

Congrats mysticc. I hope the new job works out for you. As for others, don't worry about those crafting packs collecting dust. I'll gladly trade for them :wink:
  11. Mezzanine

Mezzanine IncGamers Member

Congrats on the job! :D all the best IRL
  12. gakky

gakky IncGamers Member

Well done. I hope it works out for you. With the extra cash you could purchase another d2 for muling lol.
    Oh I finally scraped together the crafting sets for that 7%FRW fire GC. Could I still get that please ?
  13. Schwing

Schwing IncGamers Member

Congrats on the job, Dude. I've been basically without work for over a year and a half now. Glad to see someone catching a break!
  14. mysticc

mysticc IncGamers Member

Yeah, politicians and government bureaucrats have basically been messing everything up, that finding a job, let alone a good job, has been immensely hard. Toronto and surrounding areas doesn't seem to care. They are just humming along it seems, taking no notice at all. My problem is that they don't really care to hire outside of toronto, so it's taken a very long time to find an employeer who actually needs me and can't settle for someone in toronto. I am fortunate that I am very bright.

To be honest, long term, we have to change how the government is operating or things aren't going to get better. If you want a job, please vote for Ron Paul - even if he doesn't have a chance to win. The unemployment rate is definitely not going to improve with anyone else anyway, and in fact, it's going to get worse.

If there are any laissez faire candidates at the local level, I suggest voting for them too. As long the government tries to stay "hands on" with this economy, and tax and regulate everything, it's never going to grow again.

Our system needs a wipe. It's so sad that so many people - often very deserving of work - don't have a job. It's really stupid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.