Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

I reinstalled the game, and am getting fatal errors all the time now. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dazliare, May 27, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 553

1. Dazliare

Dazliare IncGamers Member

Hey all!

It's the title really. I tried to open 1.07 the other night, and it caused an unrecoverable error in the game startup. So I had to reinstall d2 from bnet. I backed up my characters, and the reinstall went fine. However, I'm now getting fatal error game crashes every 20 minutes or so. It might just be my assassin, as I haven't tried any other characters, but it's really frustrating. I'm trying ti get my assassin through a5 NM, and the game keeps crashing. Anyone have any thoughts about what might be causing this?
  2. Thyiad

Thyiad D2 Assassin, Barbarian<br>& Single Player & SP Tra

3. Dazliare

Not sure how, but I've never seen that link heh. I've tried the relevant stuff, short of reinstalling the game again, which I may just do anyway. It's not completely confirmed, but it looks like only my sin crashes the game. I didn't have any problems with any other character.
  4. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Site Pal

Is it crashing at the ancient? If so are you using cloak of shadows on them?
  5. Dazliare

Nope! It crashed four times in the bloody foothills and frigid highlands, and once in the arreat plateau. I thought it was my shadow, but I unsummoned her, and it crashed a few minutes later while I was running. I'll try again tomorrow evening, and if it keeps crashing, I'll just reinstall.
  6. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

But are you using cloak of shadows?

There are actually a whole bunch of things that CoS can cause to crash the game. I can't remember them all, but I think jiansonz has a list. This can happen if either you or your shadow cast it. And it happens when the spell expires, not when it's cast.
  7. Dazliare

That...sounds exactly like the problem. Does anyone have the list somewhere? It would be really nice to know if I can avoid this problem lol
  8. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

You might just send a pm to jiansonz and ask him if nobody knows where it is.