Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I miss you but I just can't...

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by ClaytonH, Oct 15, 2013. | Replies: 19 | Views: 1785

1. ClaytonH

ClaytonH IncGamers Member

Hey guys

As some of you may have noticed (maybe only a few, I'm not conceited enough to think I'm important here or anything), I have been absent from D3 for a while now.

Its not that I don't like the game any more, but ever since RoS was announced, I just can't bring myself to play. I have rediscovered my love for Dota 2 (don't hate me!) and that has been occupying most of the time that I have for gaming. That being said, I miss you guys and I miss the fun I had playing with a bunch of you.

The reason I can't play while waiting for RoS, despite the undoubtedly long wait we still have until it arrives, is that I feel like any progress I make between now and then will be largely futile. The AH is closing, so there won't be an easy way to obtain gear without playing (which I am fond of), but when that day comes and RoS is here I want to run through the game experiencing the new things the game has to offer and finding the new and improved loot. If I build my hero into the best he can be in vanilla D3 and this turns out to be a complete waste of time compared to how powerful I could make him one month after RoS release, why pump those gaming hours into the character now?

Yes, an argument could be made that we play for fun, not only for the loot, but it isn't enough for me until RoS comes out.

I'd like to hear how you guys feel about it.

Hopefully you are all still around when RoS hits so we can reunite :yes:
  2. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Well I've missed ya! Still using your litany mate :)

I understand your pov, I feel the same in a way. On the other hand, I haven't even played all classes, just levelled a WD to 60. I like to have 5 classes up to 60 so I don't have to do that in RoS anymore and can start on 60-70 right away. The paragons exp doesn't hurt either ;)

And I'm still having fun, I'm trying to break into high MPs (7+) with my monk, but the lag has been preventing this so far. Yesterday I did a nice MP5 game with friends which we completely owned, even with the lag. Still gives me satisfaction :)

Hope to see you back soon mate!

Ps The lag over the past weeks has done more harm then RoS if you ask me :(
  3. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

Well yeah, I'm in the same position a little bit.

Right now it's the lag that prevents me from playing at all, since I don't want to lose my P100 obviously and my other toons are fragile as hell, so they aren't very good options either.
    Which made me rediscover good ol' Quake in the form of QuakeLive. And though my skills (I swear I had some... I really did... I think...) are nowhere to be found and the community is as asinine as it gets I'm still having fun with my trusty Rocketlauncher.

Imho the perceived loss of most (if not all) incentive to go looting with RoS' announcement (No lasting upgrades, no way to build up a decent gold reserve other than finding THE 1 in a million item) combined with the fact that my shortterm goal (PL100) has been achieved are giving me trouble justifying the time consumption.

To be fair I never was a loot nut in D1 and D2 either. I had fun building up a toon but when the time came for Baalruns 'til your eyes bleed I usually ended up quitting thet character.
    The last couple of years in D2 were almost entirely spent playing in KTA (weekly self-found group) runs and the long and painful -albeit very rewarding- quest to Guardian a selffound spearzon.

[TL;DR]
    See you around when RoS hits, man! As I'm sure I'll be playing that for a fair bit.
  4. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

LOL Quake! Quake (including Wolfenstein, Doom 1/2, Quake 1-3) is the only game I've spent more hours with than Diablo. I was even reasonable hotshot in the Dutch Quake 3 scene back in the days, playing European leagues (Clanbase!). Aaah Team Deathmatch and the ZTN/Q3DM6 duels, lovely memories :)

Regarding your P100, why don't you level a new barb and move your gear over? That's what a lot of people do these days to not risk their P100 exp.
  5. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

Yeah, I've been gaming since forever, but when I tell people that for instance the 1000+ hours poured into Mass Effect 1/2/3 are nothing compared to the hours spent in QW/Q2/Q3/QL somehow they start looking funny at me.

Except the WoW players, they know what's up :D

Gheh, what was your Quake nick then? I was a ClanBase regular too for a couple of years, but can't remember a Grishok. Which clans? ^__^

Regarding lvling another barb... Just... No...
    I'm already having trouble motivating myself to level actual new toons to 60 and tbh the items are as much part of the investment as the xp. Having a naked PL100 is just silly :badteeth:
  6. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

PM'ed on Quake, bit offtopic here :)
  7. ClaytonH

ClaytonH IncGamers Member

Ah gents! I am glad to see it isn't only me. Its been so long I haven't even played while this lag has been around.

Grish, I completely trust you with that Litany. I know you won't forget where it came from, and if you get it killed well that's how HC works so I won't hold it against you ;)

I really am super excited for RoS, but I doubt I'm going to drag myself back into D3 until it hits. If I do, it will probably be to level my last non-60 character up to 60 (a wiz), but I doubt I'll enter the item hunt again until RoS.

Until then, stay safe, and I look forward to joining you all to kick some Malthael *** in good time!
  8. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

9. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

I am playing as much as I can making the final push to 100 with Avani. Once she reaches 100 I'm going to stick a Marquis Amethyst in her hat and do high MP key runs & Ubers. I'm riding a hunch that Bliz is going to include dead characters Paragon exp when the switchover is made to RoS, but then again, if they implement a ladder system that basically sets everything back to scratch what will any of it matter anyway? I am apparently one of the minority that really like the game the way it is now, so I'm playing all I can while it's still the way I like it. It might be a completely different game when RoS comes out, and minus all the new content (which I very eagerly anticipate), I've not been sold that the game will be evolutionarily better than it is now. Frankly I'm more worried that they're going to be changing so much all at the same time it could really end up being a mess (fingers crossed that I'm dead wrong on that one).

Anyway, after doing a bunch of high MP key runs & Ubers with Avani I'm either going to push my monk SafeCracker to 100 (currently 80) or I'm going to start a Wiz or WD and play them up.

Oh, and I've got to start a new SC toon with my gf. She's become a D3 regular over the past few months and I have been promising to make an (egads) SC toon along with her.
  10. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Ah a GF who plays D3, can it get any better? :)

Also enjoying the game, did some MP6 farming yesterday with a good group, my DW monk was holding it's own just fine. MP7 is next :)
  11. butchie

butchie IncGamers Member

I'm still very much enjoying the game and play almost every day (if i don't spend 12+ hours in work every day like it happend this week :badteeth:).
    I don't really understand the i won't play now cause RoS is coming mentality. If you have fun playing the game, play it!

As for you progaming lot. I've played few Euro Cups and Nation Cups in Unreal Tournament and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territoy back in the days. Once a gamer always a gamer i guess :p
  12. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Well , that's for everybody to decide. I just had to kite for my life in A1MP1 with my fresh WD, had a party of 2 DH's and 2 WD's (no tank!) so when we encountered those vomitting *****es in the fields tomb, who started running around spawning arcane balls, our teamplay changed into RUN FOR YA LIFE tactics. Nobody died, although 1 DH TP'd to town and left in the middle of the fight :p Exactly my idea of fun :)

PS UT is a bit of the Dark Side for a Quake-a-holic, but nice nevertheless :)
  13. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

It's not that I won't play until RoS, but I must admit I'm having a hard time playing dedicated.
    I like to take out my toons for an occasional run, but last couple of weeks (before the lag hit) I just couldn't bring myself to make back to back runs as I was doing the months before that.

Nice going there, EuroCup is pretty damn impressive. And yeah... gaming is here to stay :badteeth:
  14. jrsilva

jrsilva IncGamers Member

Well I completely agree with Zappa, I love the game as it is now. Sure RoS might be great, but I would play as much as I can now if it was not for the work load I have been getting in the past 10 days, plus the horrible lag. Hope to be back very soon though...
  15. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

With all that Euro-lag I've been reading about your recent work load might be a blessing...
  16. jrsilva

jrsilva IncGamers Member

Indeed. During that work load I have tried to play a bit several times, but ping was consistently above 200, sometimes yellow latency bar and all, so I always had to quit. Now work is smoother and also ping, so I managed to get my DH to PL60 and my WD to PL28. Not much, I know, but I mostly solo (lots of bnet friends but hardly on the same night play time as me and I do not do publics)... Cheers
  17. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

PL60, that means DPS is even higher now ^^
  18. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

Totally with you there, bro!

Can't really get myself to play the game anymore, but I have a feeling it will all change with Blizzcon next week and some more concrete details on the beta and release! :)

I am also going to start pretty much fresh in LoD.. errr.. RoS, and will gladly join an incgamers hc forum guild, if that sounds like something the rest of you fellas will want to do!
  19. jrsilva

jrsilva IncGamers Member

Yeah it's around 425k unbuffed dps now :)
  20. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

Just to make it clear, after having watched the day 2 ROS pannel.. I am DEFINITELY coming back once it's released! WOW! :crazyeyes: