Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I dont understand diablo.

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by pleace, Apr 23, 2012. | Replies: 25 | Views: 1766

1. pleace

pleace IncGamers Member

I dont understand diablo.

hey guys, i never played d2 but d3 looks really cool. my question is what u do in d3. so from what i understand, its not an mmo, u either play solo or up to 4 people. but its just a story mode game and all u do is keep repeating the story on higher difficulty's. overall, what is the goal of playing the game. because if all u do is replay the story then it seems really repetitive and boring after a while.
  2. Risingred

Risingred IncGamers Member

Re: I dont understand diablo.

What do you mean, "What do you do"? You kill stuff and get loot.
    What game isn't repetitive?
  3. kavlor

kavlor IncGamers Member

Getting stronger and trying different gear and skills on enemies.What stops it being repetitive is what you can do with your character.Also even stuff that you do again and again has random aspects,you will get different enemies and different map layouts.

These games are all about replayability and sustained gameplay,theres a lot more to do than most other genres.Hopefully PvP will be added at some point and that will give even more to strive for and then theres expansions and maybe content patches.
  4. pleace

pleace IncGamers Member

are the expansions free, or do u have to pay and if so how much would they cost?
  5. buddah

buddah IncGamers Member

Well originally in the beginning of times the concept was to kill enemies, find loot and develop your character, but the "develop your character" concept has apparently been dropped so now you just kill enemies and find loot(which technically is also developing your character but not really in the true sense).
  6. Sex

Sex IncGamers Member

I think you should buy the Diablo 2 battle chest for $20 before spending $60 on a game.
    The D2 BC will give you the gaming experience so youll be able to tell if the Diablo series is for you or not.
  7. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

Same goal as most other games: beating the game. Unlike most other games, though, you can keep playing it after you beat it, if you feel like it.

8. pcguy

pcguy IncGamers Member

My friend tried Diablo 2 and didn't like it. When I made him play the D3 Beta, he had a better time. He will be getting the game upon release.

9. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

For a newcomer, I actually advise just waiting for D3 :p. D2 was made in a very different time, and pretty much you have to spend a long time fighting the interface and doing a lot of reading just to get the core gaming experience. D3 eases you into it in a much more natural way. If anything, I'd recommend playing Titan Quest (that's really cheap right now). I think that it's closer to D3 than D2 is, ironically :p. But even so, Titan Quest is still pretty different. There simply isn't anything QUITE like D3 out in the market, at the moment.

@pleace - the fun of the Diablo franchise is just becoming more powerful and acquiring ever-better loot :p. In Diablo 3, you also have new 'runes' for your skills (which can drastically change them to the point where they are effectively new skills) all the way up to level 60, so there's lots of cool things for you to unlock as you play the higher difficulties, too.

10. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

I would stay away from D2 right now. The bot infested cesspool that the game is today doesn't really do justice for Diablo series.
  11. kRIMBO

kRIMBO IncGamers Member

For me, Diablo is about finding the best gear for my character.
    I could kill thousands of monsters for one amazing piece of equipment, it feels to rewarding after all that blood-shed to finally wield it.
  12. Doppel

Doppel Banned

I think it's mainly about the addiction of improving your character. Same like how some people are addicted to for example fitness, it's not so much that they like doing the same repetitive exercises over and over again, but it's getting that little bit more ripped.
  13. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

The answer to this question is very detailed.

Without experiencing a Diablo end-game, most people won't appreciate the theory behind how it all works and why its so fun. But it is awesome. Items in Diablo 3 are far more interesting than in MMO's, and offer infinite upgrades. The whole system is built around providing an enjoyable experience for years on end. Many would say (including myself) that the Diablo end-game is far better than any MMO so far.

14. marshmallow

marshmallow IncGamers Member

None of the Diablo games have much of an end game outside of PvP. After you're strong enough to beat the game there really isn't much of a non-OCD reason to keep playing the same character while beating up on the same stupid AI monsters. It's still fun though and beating the game with every character will probably take more time than most non-JRPG games.
  15. Andy2702

Andy2702 IncGamers Member

ITEMS ITEMS ITEMS ITEMS. Items?

MAKE A GODLIKE CHARACTER! GOT A GODLIKE CHARACTER? MAKE IT EVEN MORE GODLIKE WITH A 0.001% INCREASE IN WHATEVER!

No other game has more replay value if the goals and objectives are what I mentioned above (in caps too!)

Ahh, the frustration grows strong towards this young mortal... Must. Show. Him. The. Beauty.
  16. pleace

pleace IncGamers Member

how many friends can u play with? and with ur friends could u go to really hard bosses that can only be beat in a group, cuz i looove bosses.
    and are the expansions free or paid(if so how much approx)
  17. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

You can play with 4 people. All content can be played solo or coop. There is still zero info on any xpacs but they will surely be paid.
  18. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

Difficulty scales depending on how many players are in the game. So yes, you can play with 4 people and take on a boss and he will be challenging.

19. cozmiccc

cozmiccc IncGamers Member

It really hard to explain the addictiveness of Diablo, even watching a gameplay video doesn't do it justice, you have to experience it yourself, IMO even before the endgame you already can taste the fun of the game.

My advise is just wait for the starter edition which will be a free trial available shortly after launch and try it for yourself!
  20. stonerdoom

stonerdoom IncGamers Member

Welcome. Move to newcomer section.