Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

I can't change my build as much as I try.

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by Cambylobacter, Jan 10, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 2946

1. Cambylobacter

Cambylobacter IncGamers Member

Hey all,

long time D2 player, currently Paragon 21 in D3 and whilst not mesmerised in the same way as D2, enjoying the game nonetheless.

I've tried experimenting with builds but as much as i try always end up back with more or less the same - what I think makes that strange is that my primary offense is Bola Shot and Spike Trap which I don't seem to see much of.

My skill profile is here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/LadyCam-2801/hero/28914

Everyone else seems to use Hungering Arrow, many seem to use Elemental Arrow - but none seem to work for me like Bola Shot - am I missing something? It may be my build works due to the 3 discipline/second regen but regardless I feel like I just don't get it when it comes to the 2 aforementioned skills.

Does anyone have any comparison they can offer between Bola Shot (Volatile Explosives) and Hungering Arrow that may display some relevant pro's and cons? TBH, with its AOE I barely feel the need for Elemental Arrow on RMB so use Trail of Cinders for evasion and also it seems to proc life on hit (I've noticed Life Gain with no other attacks).

I know my equipment needs tweaking as my All Resist is unneccessarily high but I'd love to be able to enjoy different builds with my "Zon" but can't seem to.

Right, gonna nip onto my Multizon for a bit of nostalgia, then back to AOEing the **** out of everything with Bolas and Spikes - for those who haven't tried it, I highly recommend it!

2. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

What Monster Power are you running on? This is very important for build strategy with Demon Hunters (and most classes): the higher the MP, the more 'sustain' you need (like Echoing Blast and Volatile Explosives), whereas on low MP, you want big cost-effective AoEs (Multishot or Ball Lightning) and very rapid movement (Tumble + Tactical Advantage).

3. Cambylobacter

Cambylobacter IncGamers Member

At the moment I'm playing MP1 - and I actually haven't tried anything harder. Not sure how high I could go solo, maybe 3/4 but I'm not sure. MP1 is quick though.

I just keep seeing most people using totally different LMB and RMB and can not see for the life of me why.

4. Vanadin

Vanadin IncGamers Member

I use Cinder Arrow for two primary reasons:

(1) It has a 35% chance to pierce, and then a 35% chance to pierce again, etc., so on average it's hitting 1.5 enemies per shot.
    (2) It has an enormous proc coefficient: 130% (65% on a kill shot). With 1500 LOH, I can actually recover over 2K life/hit.