Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hydra/Blizzard?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by DreamTraveler, Mar 17, 2012. | Replies: 2 | Views: 2400

1. DreamTraveler

DreamTraveler IncGamers Member

Hydra/Blizzard?

Has anyone made a successful Hydra/Blizzard sorc? Those are my two favourite spells so I wanted to combine them in one character.
  2. magicrectangle

magicrectangle IncGamers Member

Re: Hydra/Blizzard?

I guess it depends what you mean by successful. 20 Hydra 20 fire mastery gets you a hydra that can kill things. It won't be as strong as fireball or nova (the other skills typically paired with blizzard), but it will work.
  3. Kalimora

Kalimora IncGamers Member

Re: Hydra/Blizzard?

both hydra and blizzard are skills you can just set off and focus on dodging hits/monsters, they are active spells, hydra will even switch and target themself, blizzard stays in place. but has a pretty big radius.

I have no doubt they would work well together, and if you could use iceblast/fireball to finish off stragglers, that would be a valid combo i guess.

However, I have never tested hydra on a end-game level, farming on high player counts etc.

That is where you want to be effective eventually, that is where your choices becomes fewer. Not that many spells really shine at killing monsters fast, with that much HP.

A fully synergized blizzard is a monster when it comes to taking down huge HP monsters, but then again, you cant do immunes that way.

Give it a go, and please tell us how you feel it works.

I could try it I guess, after I manage to farm up some more essences from diablo to make tokens of absolution.

My gear is not yet godly, +10 skills so far..