Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hurricane and Armageddon

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Quingu, Jan 4, 2013. | Replies: 6 | Views: 2660

1. Quingu

Quingu Banned

Is it possible to use Hurricane and Armageddon in conjunction? I want to make a fire dudu, but I could spare those 4 points to get bonus Hurricane, if it's possible to use them both.
  2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Theoretically? Yes.

Practically? Not so much.

Armageddon is generally a pretty bad skill even when fully synergized, and you won't really have many skill points left after putting points on the right side of the elemental tree.
  3. Quingu

Quingu Banned

I find wind druid a bit boring. Is Armageddon Hell viable? I'm thinking about Fissure + Armageddon as my main combo.

20 Firestorm, 20 Fissure, 20 Volcano, 20 Armageddon. 1 in everything for bear from summon, rest into Molten Boulder. Is this build good enough for Hell?

I'm thinking about something primarily fun and viable, not the most powerful druid build.
  4. kestegs

Yea, I think as long as you can get decent physical and fire damage you should be okay.

Here's a write up of a similar build that I found that uses modest gear. I was looking for another one that used high end gear but I can't seem to find it right now.
  5. Quingu

Quingu Banned

The main problem with this build are PI and FI monsters. I will not be able to touch them. The only solution I see is Infinity on Merc. Am I missing something?
  6. kestegs

Most FI monsters won't be broken by infinity is the issue there.

I don't think there are any natural FI/PI monsters though, so it's just the occasional boss you'd have to deal with.

Not real sure what to do with that, but most builds only deal 2 kinds of damage.
  7. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

Hurricane is a prerequisite for Armageddon (as are all other Elemental skills). Both have a 6 second casting delay and last 12 seconds each with one point in Fissure and Cyclone Armour, and they share no synergy skills.

Builds incorporating Armageddon tend to be separate from those using the other fire Elemental skills, not least because its long casting delay impedes use of all other fire Elemental skills and it only provides a synergy bonus to Volcano. It is probably best used with Fire Claws for a shape shifter, since they share synergy skills and Armageddon provides some area of effect. Its unreliability is less frustrating when it's used to supplement damage from another source, rather than as the main source of damage.

As far as normal or minion monsters in Hell are concerned, Infinity will remove the fire immunities of all but Devilkin and Dark Ones in Act 1, all in Act 2 and all but Soul Killer Shamans, Spider Magi and some Council Members in Act 3... but all of those can be removed if you also use Lower Resist charges. Obviously you will need -% Enemy Fire Resistance to lower resistance further.

Although Venom Lords are the only normal or minion monsters in Act 4 whose fire immunity cannot be removed with a combination of Infinity and LR charges, they always spawn in the Chaos Sanctuary and the Infector of Souls has to be killed to spawn Diablo. However, in Act 5 there are more normal or minion monsters whose fire immunities can only be removed using LR charges as well, or which cannot be removed at all.

It's worth having some means of casting Decrepify or Amplify Damage, since none of the monsters you have to kill in Hell can have both a physical immunity and a fire immunity which cannot be removed.