Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

How viable is a shapeshift druid for untwinked(self found) play

Discussion in 'Druid' started by BKC, Jun 13, 2013. | Replies: 9 | Views: 3862

1. BKC

BKC IncGamers Member

Hello Wolf people,

I have been playing this game for a long time and i tend to go for the cookiecutter builds (usually) meteorbin, hammerdin, fishymancer... I never levelled a druid above level 60 simply because i always went for the summoning build and that didn't work out for me.

However i would like to start myself a new project and i was thinking about a werewolf based druid. My intention is not to go for the strongest available gear but play this character mostly self found and self crafted.

But before i start such a project i like to ask the more experienced players of such a class what to look for on items.

The builds are self explanatory and i can also read from the stickies :) so that should not be a problem. i am seeking advice on what stats i should look for on items mostly.

Thanks for your input!

Regards,
    BKC
  2. Lexur

Lexur IncGamers Member

Totally untwinked would be difficult for sure. The hardest part is finding a good weapon, with lots of IAS on it.
    You also need a CBF item. You could use a Rhyme shield but that means 1-handed weapon.

The easiest to find & viable items are probably the IK set(maul, gloves, boots, belt).
  3. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

My first patriarch Lupin was a fury wolf and an untwinked character. Maybe that will help.
  4. BKC

BKC IncGamers Member

Well by now i found:

IK maul and a ribcracker i saw this other great post with ribcracker as a major weapon :) i will read Zaph's post about lupin!

Thanks for the reactions so far!
  5. Dagaz

Dagaz IncGamers Member

I was very sceptical about Ribcracker at first, but when I upped it and put a shael in it - as generally reccomended - I started to like it a lot. Finished entire Hell with it, then on second or third run Baal dropped a nice 3os Tomb Reaver, which is in some views a much better weapon. Or not :D
  6. el shendee

el shendee IncGamers Member

After maxing Werewolf, Lycanthropy, Fury and one of the spirits, which one should be maxed after? Feral Rage? Grizzly?
  7. Dagaz

Dagaz IncGamers Member

In my experience maxing Grizzly is a waste of points. I have 6 hard points reaching total of (if I remeber corectly) 10 or 11 points and I don't feel it would benefit much from further points investment. But then again I've maxed Feral Rage much earlier on.
  8. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

Feral Rage. It's a decent backup to Fury and you get more out of maxing it than you do out of maxing any summoned minions.
  9. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

Bah, the forum made me double-post and I'm not seeing a delete button.
  10. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Also try the poison creeper. It is bugged so it does amazing damage, far beyond what its on screen damage suggests. PLUS it is all area of effect damage so it counteracts what is usuallt the weakest part about melee chars: handling a ton of monsters at the same time.