Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

How to Spawn Diablo Clone!!!

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by rockondon, Nov 17, 2005. | Replies: 3 | Views: 12643

1. rockondon

rockondon IncGamers Member

How to Spawn Diablo Clone!!!

First off, I'd like to take a moment to thank Blizzard for adding a feature that benefits dupers and screws over legit players.

I've heard many different things about Dclone, many of which contradict one another. I like to keep things short and sweet, so I'll stop babbling and start asking questions.

1) Is the information on this thread accurate?: http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26650

2) When I go run>cmd, windows cannot find cmd or >cmd. If #1 is true, is there another way I can identify the server? (I use windows ME btw)

3) If I'm in a hell game and I see those soj counter #'s on the screen, should I start searching extreme unique creatures for Dclone, or should I go through the lengthy process described in question #1?

4) Does diablo clone spawn in normal games, and still drop annihilus?

5) How long must I wait between making games in order to ensure I don't get realmed out?

6) If I'm in act 5 and the numbers appear suddenly, does this mean that Dclone will be one of the extreme unique creatures in act 5, or can he be in any act? Someone told me to go to act 1 right away if I see the numbers so I can find him easier.

7) someone told me they spawn Dclone by making lots of games. Is this an effective way to spawn him?

8) someone told me they spawn Dclone by leaving a mule in a game all day and waiting for the numbers to appear. Is this effective?

9) (off topic) I have a 5bo cta on my pally and about +12 to all skills from various items. Is my bo considered level 17 or does my skill gear not affect the bo?

thx for any reply.
  2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

1)Yes
    2)
    3)Start searching for Superuniques monsters AFTER DC spawns. Pretty pointless to look for him when he isn't there isn't it?
    4)DC only spawns in Hell games.
    5)Hard to say. Spend a few minutes in each game.
    6)Any Act. He simply spawns at the first Superunique monster, whether it's in Act 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5.
    7)No
    8)Sometimes, sometimes not.
    9)You will have level 17 BO. +all skills will give bonuses to oskills.
  3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Seems fairly accurate, if a little short. Check out the guide I linked to at the end for alot more information. Still, it looks like the amount of SOJ's need to spawn DClone listed in your link is incorrect.

It's slightly different for different operating systems. For Windows ME, I think it'll be "command", instead of "cmd" (same for Windows 98).

Don't bother searching for super unique monsters until you see the message "Diablo walks the earth". Even then, most people generally go to Eldritch (near the Frigid waypoint in act 5), Shenk (similar to previous) or Rak (stoney fields, in the middle of the stone pillars used to go to tristram).

Nope.

You should generally stay in game for about 2-3 mins, and then wait between games for about 10-20 seconds. As long as you aren't doing anything overly active in the games, it should be fine (ie, mass scrolling through skills, continually clicking the waypoint over and over, etc).

No, it can spawn anywhere

They generally do this by finding "hot" ip's. Personally, I found it better to make a game and wait in it for about 3-4 hours, and then remaking if no SOJ's have been sold.

I've heard similar things, but I've never done it. I imagine it would work similar to the lottery, in the sense that if you aren't in it, you can't win it. Still, I imagine it would be better than joining mass games over and over (unless you know of a hot ip already)

As long as:

1) the +12 all skills really is +12 all skills and some of them aren't +paladin skills, or +combat skills, etc
    2) You have access to all those +12 skills while sitting on your CTA. By this, I mean, you won't gain any benefit from a spirit shield/weapon which the opposite weapon switch than your CTA.

Check out http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=223863 for more information about DClone.
  4. rockondon

rockondon IncGamers Member

wow that guide is awesome.
    Thanks for the help, guys.