Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to play the beta:

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by snowcatcher, Apr 22, 2012. | Replies: 10 | Views: 1282

1. snowcatcher

snowcatcher Banned

How to play the beta:

Yup, am gonna make a thread on how to properly use the beta and its purpose in this whole blizzard story, all the kids that i hear whining on this and the official diablo3.com forums regarding how limited and boring the beta gets after a few hours of play inspired me in doing so.

It is not a long story actually, pretty short and simple one in fact. You start it off, use all the skills you have at your disposal on the current lvl, use the items that drop on the ground, fight all the mobs you meet and finish of the skeleton king. AND THAT'S IT. That is all that the beta should be.

This is what the beta isn't for:
    a)Leveling your character to lvl 13, then 1 hitting everything in your path.
    b)Farming over and over cathedral lvls and whining about poor customization.
    c)Crafting insanely powerful weapons with which you single shot mobs.

So basically the only way to find the beta enjoyable is having a fresh start each time you decide to play it, and by fresh start i mean a lvl 1 char. It is really childish to come here and whine about the beta being boring and too easy when all of you lvl-up till lvl 13. Offc it will get boring. I had fun on my first playthroughs, those yellow knockback bosses could get tough really fast for a melle char even on normal difficulty, and although the beta is not intended to be challenging by any means, i still found myself in some tough spots. Understand this: The beta is just a test play, for blizzard to test their mechanics, find additional bugs, and give players a sneak-peek as to what this game will uphold.

[​IMG]
    upload images

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

Re: How to play the beta:

the only time i grinded to 13 was to see a skill that unlocked then, forget what skill now since it was a while ago. anyway i tend to try fresh each time, makes it more fun

3. Urzuxo

Urzuxo IncGamers Member

Exactly. I've gone so nuts with all the lvl 10 players joining in on the first quest I've stopped going in to public games.

4. Toetag

Toetag IncGamers Member

Hi. I'm Toetag and I approve this message.

Excellent points here. Way too much complaining about a game that noone has seen yet.

5. Deckard Cain

Deckard Cain IncGamers Member

:thumbsup:

Someone gets it.

6. redrach

redrach IncGamers Member

It's still way too easy if you pick up items, especially if you're ranged. Hell, if you're ranged there are barely any enemies that can even hit you.
    I don't have any problems with customization, I just think the game starts off way too easy.
    And yes, I know D2 started off very easy too. I didn't like it then either.

7. Risingred

Risingred IncGamers Member

That's Blizzard's fault. I'm equally sick of attempting matchmaking for SK and getting put in fallen star. :(

8. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

there needs to be a way to put a level limit on your games. i used it all the time in d2 but in d3 anyone of any level can join your game.

9. Risingred

Risingred IncGamers Member

There is a level limit, but there's also a bug.

Say you kill SK, then exit to the lobby. What happens is that the game starts you back on fallen star, and even though you hit the SK quest in the MP selection menu, it will put you in fallen star. If that makes sense.

10. Felix

Felix IncGamers Member

And why should you play the game in another way than you play the beta then?

In other words, maybe let people play the way they like it.

11. Lacks

Lacks IncGamers Member

jsp n3rd here just saying that farming the d3 beta is about as fun as the end game of d2... &yes my barb is about to break 80dps.