Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to get rich?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by GagLV, Aug 1, 2007. | Replies: 10 | Views: 18632

1. GagLV

GagLV IncGamers Member

How to get rich?

As the title says. How do you get rich in the game? I played D2 LoD a lot, uninstalled and installed it every few months. Only thing i did so far was making a cold sorc and doing baal runs. But i never got rich in that way. I could (and probably never will) afford perfect enigmas, infinities and so on. So the question is, how do you get rich on D2? Or if you are rich, then how did you do that?

GagLV
  2. asdfgah

asdfgah IncGamers Member

Myself, I MF a lot :badteeth:
    But, I haven't been "perfect-enigma" rich either, though I don't see why there is a need to be that filthy rich..

You should check out this guide on how to build wealth on the ladder if you haven't seen it yet.
  3. Romasm

Romasm IncGamers Member

Not really difficult, it just consumes a lot of time..

First lvl and equip ur mf sorc, and mf a few days or so.

Problably u will have more than ist or a hr by then. Then trade items that are very popular (ocu/skullders/tal/shako). Buy them for a decent price and sell them for a price that is just a little bit more. (never be greedy!) So u will have profit (buy tal armor for 2 ist, sell it for 2 ist um)

Note that mfing isnt really nesessary, collect flawless gems will do^^ 35pgems for pul etc etc. Thats why i hate those fellas that are crying and begging for free.. It isnt all that hard to get decent items. Those beggars are just lazy and deserve to be poor

Edit: this works in real life to.. Its just like a market with potential buyers
  4. GagLV

GagLV IncGamers Member

Well, i did countless of MF runs and 2 months ago i was very lucky and found two nice arach belts in a week. That was the time when they went for several hr's. But without that i was not so lucky with the drops.

Now i think i will make a light sorc and give key hunting a try.
  5. XXBLSXX

XXBLSXX IncGamers Member

ive been playing d2 a long time and im still not filthy rich. I have three different accounts.....some of my chars have godly gear some dont. basically you start with nothing and just mf as much as you can. along the way you find friends that help you out and give you freebees, then you just work your way up from there. a couple of my friends helped me a lot b/c they were "filthy rich" after the lag dupe was made public. they spent like 2 weeks straight duping and that's how they got rich. i myself have just been playing a while. i used to mf a lot but now i hardly mf anymore. the only time i really mf is when im looking for charms to fill my chars' inventories or if im bored i'll get on my hdin and do a bunch of chaos/baal mf runs but that's about it. the main thing is you have to invest a lot of time in d2 to build your chars and try to get rich....that is unless you're one of those people that buys a bunch of crap online. it cracks me up too. you'll see this guy in a trade game asking the most noobish questions and when he shows you his gear it's all perfect godly stuff that you know he wouldnt have unless he bought it online. if you're really looking to get rich you might as well just play NL b/c right now that's where the most godly items are right now. im sure after a little time though ladder will be filled with duped hrs and people will be getting rich there. basically you just play a lot, look for the best trades and the nice people will help you out along the way. i have a friend who's been playing a while and he has all noob gear, and i mean noob gear but he doesnt really mind it. i gave him his first anni and whenever my mules start getting full i just give him everything i can.
  6. drconfused

drconfused IncGamers Member

Richness to me is in the quality you receive from the game and the in game interactions.. I would much prefer havin a few great d2 buddies than be loaded down in riches.. So I have found the best way to get geared is to gear other people, sure some will just leech of you and never return a favor but those are not the buddies that I tend to keep around.. I have 2 great d2 buddies that I considered the cream of the crop as far as d2 players go.. I got lucky at the start of ladder and was able to cash in on it, so I gave these buddies some of the stuff I was able to get, which in turn has led them to return favors.. and now I do ubers, usually once a day and those buddies have recieved some of the benefits of that, as well as a few unexpecting people..

My moto is treat others as you would be treated.. help when you can, accept help when you need, give when you can and take when it is offered, be respectful but dont let others walk on you.
  7. XXBLSXX

XXBLSXX IncGamers Member

i 2nd that!
  8. OnlyHope

OnlyHope Banned

3 words

Diablo item shops

jk lol

What i usually do, is trade. I usually make around 4-5 hr profit everyday, by simply trading. How? Buy a soj for 2 hr, sell for 3. Buy a eth zerker axe for 2 hr, make botd for another 2 hrs (zod vex), sell for 6-10 hrs. Buy 20 life scs for 1 hr, keep and watch for overpayers, sometimes people have paid for 4 hr for 20 lifer sc. It gets even better with items that have really high ranged values. I bought a Hoz for 5 hr, sold for 9. The thing is nobody knows the exact fixed price. My highest ever profit was simply finding a baal gc, acquiring about 40 pgems, and getting a pcomb 42 lifers. Sold for around 27 hr. Play the game buddy.
  9. drconfused

drconfused IncGamers Member

my best score yet was crafting a 2 druid 18-20fcr (cant remember which) and it binned at 100hr (last ladder) and people were willing to keep uppin the bid.. so many times its a matter of luck.. Onlyhope's strategy works great if you dont mind doin the trade business.
  10. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Punch your little brother or cousin until he gives you his password, then steal his items (and punch him again so he stops crying).

:badteeth: :angry: :point: :weep:
  11. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Banned

Hook yourself up with those 'hardcore' players who would do anything to get rich. You'd be set for good once you are able to resell duped runes obtained from a supplier, or fit into some other place in the food chain.