Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to decide which hand for a weapon

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by marknorris, Sep 15, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 1100

1. marknorris

marknorris IncGamers Member

This only applies to assassin and barb as far as I know, but I have always been curious what the difference is. I have a lvl 91 frenzy barb with a last wish pb and a grief pb, so whats the difference with what hand I put them in? I think certain stats apply the whole time and some only on that swing...I only see recommendations not exactly what happens. I found 9 keys and ran the pre uber levels and fought Lilith for a few seconds with grief in left(as I am looking at it) and last wish in right and switched and could not really tell a difference. Lifetap was triggering, fade was triggering, it looked like might was active the whole time. Does Crushing Blow from last wish count with grief in the left hand?

2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

As a frenzy barb you want both hands to be fast.

As a ww barb, only the main hand.

3. marknorris

marknorris IncGamers Member

Hmmm...not really what I asked but ok.

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The first equipped weapon is the primary weapon, no matter if it's in the left or right hand. To my knowledge, only the base speed of the weapon in the secondary hand matters and IAS isn't needed there while the primary weapon's IAS is used for frenzy speed (as well as IAS from other equipment, of course). That means, use Grief as primary weapon and LW as the secondary one.

CB and the other LW affixes which influence an attack only work on the LW attack, not on Grief's. Likewise, Grief's ITD etc. only work on Grief's attacks.