Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to bypass the 250$ imposed on the RMAH ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by snowcatcher, Apr 25, 2012. | Replies: 9 | Views: 1277

1. snowcatcher

snowcatcher Banned

How to bypass the 250$ imposed on the RMAH ?

Well i saw a thread about this, but i must admit nothing is clear to me so far. One guy states that someone from blzizard said that the rmah wont be limited... and that's it. How does this explain it i have no idea, when on the official diablo3 tos clearly states that items cannot be sold for more than 250$ on the rmah. Now, theoretically one way around this is selling the item for some insane amount of gold that is equivalent to 250$ (btw, you get 15% off the gold value that the guy paid you here ?) and then you sell that gold for $.
    To be honest this seems higly flawed, coz i think you will lose 15% value of the gold, thus losing 15% of the 250$ or whatever price you set. If there is another way around this pls feel free to elaborate anyone...
    I must admit i am in the dark here, and if someone is kind enough to explain this like to an 5 y old, i would be very grateful.
  2. psyadam

psyadam IncGamers Member

Re: How to bypass the 250$ imposed on the RMAH ?

I wonder why Blizzard cares that items won't be sold for more than 250$. Smart work around, but Blizzard might stop that practice too.
  3. Eeryck

Eeryck IncGamers Member

I made a thread in the market forum speculating that the only thing RMAH will be used for in the end is for selling gold, that all other items will be traded on the GAH.

It is based on of course, gold being viable.
    Dupes not happening, or being quickly rectified.

But other that that I think there are some market forces that will lead to primary trading on GAH and RMAH ending up gold only. With token item posting.
  4. StrudelStraddler

StrudelStraddler IncGamers Member

How about 3rd party sites like this one arranging trades where the payment would be something akin to SOJ, perhaps a certain level of gem, tomes of secrets or blacksmithing, some intermediary item of significant value that can be stacked in the inventory. Then those stacks are split and sold on RMAH. Avoid the gold fee of GAH (besides, gold may inflate beyond having significant $$ value anyway).

Kind of like pachinko in Japan.
  5. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

i will by pass the 250 limit by not giving a ****
  6. chryso

chryso IncGamers Member

the 250 limit is for bnet balance

afaik you wont have to transfer RMAH cash into bnet balance
    just cash out directly via paypal/whatever
  7. robotxtacy

robotxtacy IncGamers Member

can somone quote the TOS where it apparently states items cannot be sold for more than $250 ? I was under the impression that there would likely be a paypal option that exceeds 250.
  8. aerial

aerial IncGamers Member

Personally I don't care because I will never pay this much for any item, and for sure I will not find anything this expensive (I'd sooner win at lotto)
  9. Brokenstorm

Brokenstorm IncGamers Member

Correct, but AFAIK you can only buy items on the RMAH with your bnet balance.

10. riptide

riptide IncGamers Member

No, you will also be able to use paypal. The limit is because blizzard doesn't want to act as a bank as far as the battle.net balance goes. 250.00 x tens of millions of players is a lot of responsibility.

By allowing you to buy with paypal, if it's allowed in your region, you will be providing blizzard their cut without the risk on their end. It will be on paypal at that point. Blizzard just acts as a middleman if you choose to buy/cash out directly with paypal.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/auction-house/info