Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How to build a summoner for Uber Tristram.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by CCCenturion, Feb 19, 2009. | Replies: 8 | Views: 11654

1. CCCenturion

CCCenturion IncGamers Member

How to build a summoner for Uber Tristram.

Hi, there's a lot of info on this scattered across the necro threads, but I was thinking hopefully we could put together the best proven techniques for getting a summoner ready to take on Uber Tristram, either in a group or preferably by himself. Hopefully a thread like this could warrant a sticky :whistling:, so please only post if you know what you're talking about (i.e., from personal experience).

I haven't done Uber Tristram with a summoner myself (although I'm getting to the point where I'll be ready soon), so I won't bother offering my speculative advice. But I am curious about what people have to say about skill and stat distribution, merc choices, gear choices, merc gear choices, and most importantly, strategy. (Remember that simply having the best gear is not the same as having a strategy!)
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

Re: How to build a summoner for Uber Tristram.

Stack as much resistance as you can. Get at least 10-15 urdar type creatures to revive. Single out one uber at a time. Use Terror on the random monsters that spawn. Use a combination of clay golem, decepify, and lifetap on the uber boss until your revives kill it.

I've done this at level 75 with homeless-start-of-ladder season gear and my edge bow mercinary didn't even die. I have also done it with a poison nova necro that happened to have 1 pt in revive and the above curses.

99% of uber-trist is planning. So many times I see people run in without a belt of full rejuvs, and wonder why they suck.

Summon with Aokl, and hold Beast (if you can afford these, but you really don't even need them if you are a crafty player). Pride doesn't compare to infinity for a necromancer. This forum has beat this one to death. Don't expect your mercinary to survive anyway, but sometimes they do.
  3. ddclone

ddclone IncGamers Member

Well I have soloed uber a few dozen times with my summon necro and more times partying with some of my friends so I hope what I say makes some sense.

Basiclly what you need is:

1. Enigma (if you don't have it, just forget it. You might be still able pull it out with trang set, but I guess it will be very painful)

2. Stack resist (around 20-40 on top of maxed resist at Hell should be fine, but you really dont' need maxed resist after meph's conviction, cause you can stay away as far as you can from her)

3. Make sure there is a lot of udars in the game, you need two for three waves of 15-20 udars depending how fast you kill(either in river of flame or durance level 2, but personally I found udars from river more powerful).
    Also make sure the udars are attacking the ubers not their minion by constantly teleport on the boss. Udars are stupid...

4. Make sure you have decrepfy, lifetap and some AI curse (I use attract to deal with the minions, and confuse works well too) Use decrepfy is merc is doing fine, and lifetap if he's dying.

5. Stack resist on merc, umed Kira and COH otherwise he will die fast against meph. Even if he dies, if you have enough udars around it's still fine. Just you will notice the killing speed suffers and you will probably lose your mages too if merc dies.

6. Spawn the ubers one by one, you don't want to fight them all at once. I did it once and I beat them at last but it was a tough fight.

Here is the link if my necro

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712185

You may find some of the gears are not cheap but well if you want to save money, do the ubers with a smiter. It's way more easier.
  4. NumtyDoo

NumtyDoo IncGamers Member

I have done it with crap self found gear, and no enigma, I used tele charges. Took 4 rounds of 10 urdars. Merc died so fast it wasn't worth reviving. I was around lvl 85.

Did it with uber gear, went much faster, 2 rounds of urdars and merc didn't die. Had enigma this time and merc had infinity (obedience against meph). Was lvl 90 here I think.
  5. chenghao

chenghao IncGamers Member

Off topic . but mephisto is a HER ? o_O

6. CCCenturion

CCCenturion IncGamers Member

My merc currently uses Obedience, but I'll have an Infinity for him soon. Off the top of my head, I can't think of what advantage Obedience gives over Infinity. Why that choice?

7. Dethklok

Dethklok IncGamers Member

If you're familiar with my thread on aura/merc math, it's pretty clear that although auras do matter somehwhat, they aren't all that important. Even Fanatacism only adds about 25% to net Urdar damage on its own; I doubt any combination of auras, even with Iron Golem, would break 70%.

So auras help, but they aren't the answer. For the most part, it's getting the most out of your Revives.

I think FCR is really important. Maxing it is only a 10% increase in tele speed over the second-fastest breakpoint, but if you have no FCR at all you're going to lose a lot of time before you even get them to Tristram, and if you're making a dedicated Trist runner I'd seriously consider hitting the last breakpoint.

You'll probably be spending time in town, too, where you can't tele, so FRW is handy too.

Of course, having quick movement doesn't help if you don't know what you're doing. Having good reaction time in the River of Flame is pretty important. You need to grab as many Revives as you can, as fast as you can, then get the to Tristram as fast as you can... which probably is more of a strain on your coordination than on your equipment. If it's your first Uber run, you might want to try some River of Flame runs first, just to see how many Revives you can get to Horrogath and how quickly. The practice will help you with the real thing.

That said, I think teleportation charges just won't cut it. You really need unlimited tele, hopefully coupled with some way to sustain your mana as you blip around.

Then once you get there, you want to tele directly on the Uber you're after at the time. That means you'll need some defense to sustain a little personal time with Mephisto.

So, in general, it's about quantity and the time remaining on your Revives. If you want to dedicate the rest of your gear to defense, that's probably fine. Just make sure nothing important dies and you've got plenty of Urdar swings, and all the aura stuff honestly doesn't matter that much.
  8. Moordakhan

Moordakhan IncGamers Member

obedience has resist so you can stack it against meph and still have cb
    that said i like infinity. well just because i hate changing gear mid run

tele charges works(slow and a pain) but if u cant afford engima you realy should go with a smiter

always check durance and river to make sure u have a good udar game. u want alot close together.if few, make new game u just waste to much time gathering them

fcr makes it easier.i do it with 80%

as far a strat goes its been said, work fast .if u play your nec layed back all the time and let your minion do the work as they please use a smiter. u must stay on top of whats going on,and work your minion and the enemies

9. NumtyDoo

NumtyDoo IncGamers Member

They are not as good as enigma, but I have done it with tele charges, and they do work. (I have experience with both methods)

Obedience is like an Infinity, but instead of an aura, it has resists. Since infinity's aura doesn't work on uber mephisto, and you need stacked resists on your merc to help him survive mephisto, it is a logical switch.

I do use infinity the rest of the time.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009