Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How much MF do I need?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeMarki, Mar 1, 2006. | Replies: 30 | Views: 1968

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeMarki

DeMarki IncGamers Member

How much MF do I need?

How much MF do I need just to double my chances of finding a Unique or a Set item?
    Please don't send me a url, just tell me a number of exactly how much MF I need. Thanx!
  2. newco

newco IncGamers Member

3. Llathias

Llathias Banned

167 MF for Uniques, 125 MF for Sets. (Source: ATMA drop calculator)

I have to say that I did not like your attitude when asking a question. Actually, knowing where to find answers is much more important than having answers handed out to you.
  4. DeMarki

DeMarki IncGamers Member

I have already read the thread, but I didn't quite understand it(I'm not English) and that's the reason I ask this question.
    Can anybody plz give me a number of how much MF do I need in order to DOUBLE the chances of getting Unique and Set?
  5. Shadow Raven

Shadow Raven IncGamers Member

Llathias just answered that question for you
    as a rule you should aim for about 200% MF on any MF chars.

and just because you are not english does not mean to have to be so blunt with your orignal post maners are not just for english ppl you know. a better wording would have been something like

"i have had some problems understanded how much MF i need could some1 please tell me what % of mf would be needed to double the chance of finding unique and set items thank you"

SR
  6. DementiaMaster

DementiaMaster IncGamers Member

I'm not english either but I understand Hrus' guide perfectly. My MFing rule is 350% MF as long as it doesn't impede killing power. So far, it's been an awesome rule for my Meteorb.
  7. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

English is not my natural language too, but I also got every word of Hrus guide perfectly, you don't need ub3r english skills to understand it. Lazyness can be very bad.

200% MF is the minimum you should aim for. It also helps to go for monsters that can drop very good (act bosses for example) so you don't get desperate quickly
  8. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

I also believe that Hrus' native language is not English (correct me if I'm wrong), so this guide should be easily understood... as he knows not to use words that aren't understood by even those with little English skill.

And I assume Llathias was correct... having +167%MF translates to +100%MF for unique items... which is doubling your chances.

And for magic finding, I believe that you should never aim for a set %MF. You should add magic finding gear instead of your regular 'killing' gear until the speed of your runs get too slow, or you start dying. Doing faster runs, and living in those runs, tends to be more important in the long run... it's all just random numbers either way.
  9. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

10. erics

erics IncGamers Member

Thanks toppo...too funny
  11. DementiaMaster

DementiaMaster IncGamers Member

12. salvo

salvo IncGamers Member

I agree with dimentia: 350%
    Shako/stealskull
    skullders
    gheeds
    Wartrav
  13. Arreat_mercenary

Shako/stealskull
    skullders
    gheeds
    Wartrav

Wow, I wonder if an untwinked char can find half of that crap? Cheaper version should be: 4 os armor (any) and 3 os helmet (any) filled with Ptopaz = 168% mf, which effectively doubles the chance to find uniques AND sets. more mf can be found in amulets and rings (easily through your journey or gamble for them) and boots can be easily obtained too (rares or bought at vendors). Rest of the slots can have "killing" equipment
  14. LordMay

LordMay IncGamers Member

If you are super poor a gull dagger is a good way to get started. I certainly don't consider it to be "high end" but it has 100% mf. Although it is really only best for a sorc.
  15. Ashmer Amadeus

Ashmer Amadeus IncGamers Member

I agree that Gull is good for MF and certianly best for a sorc, I also believe it is a TC3 and thus very hard to find. I think Ali Baba is better because it is usable by more charicters and I think its easier to find. Can also add MF jewels to it
  16. shleefin

shleefin IncGamers Member

a few hours with NM meph will give you most of that (no gheeds). 4 PT armor and 3 PT helm are certainly best starting fresh, but there's no reason you cant do better with a little patience and some NM meph runs. there're not that rare....
  17. Arreat_mercenary

Skullders is not THAT common, same with war travs, and shako........ ugh, good luck on finding one from NM meph.

If I'm going to do MF runs, I rather do them already in hell, anyway, with a good build, you don't ub3r MF equipment to do MF runs, and with Ptopaz armor and helmet, that's already a good MF setup, other equipment can easily give MF for a minimum of 200 MF which is very good.

You're saving time to use it on hell runs instead, and other good things can drop, for me is much easier to save time on NM runs and use it instead on Hell runs, since those can drop much better
  18. cryist

cryist IncGamers Member

19. Holyknight

Holyknight Guest

Running NM Meph will give you a nice start, since it can get you plenty of good MF items. When you have a somewhat decent amount, then you can move to Hell Meph.

Also, maybe I'm extremely lucky, but I always find War Travelers, Harlequin's Crest and Gheed's Fortune on every character I get to Hell, and I play untwinked. I find them to be pretty common, or at least they are in my case! It may take one or two hours in total of running Hell Meph and you can definatly get those items, or a few of them! Running NM Baal is also quite a good start.
  20. shleefin

shleefin IncGamers Member

yeah, making a pit stop at NM meph is a great strategy IMO. run him 1k times at 200 MF and i guarantee you he'll drop at least one of skullders/war travs/stealskull/occulus/standard merc gear and most likely a lot more. when you do finally get to hell meph, you'll be able to run him quicker and more consistantly at higher MF. i find NM baal's drop rate a little low to my liking, but he can drop shako and some other stuff meph can't in NM. running him til you hit lvl 80 is not a bad idea either.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.