Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How many gems/runes does a "caster pack" consist of? der

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Chilldef, Mar 12, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 1284

1. Chilldef

Chilldef IncGamers Member

How many gems/runes does a "caster pack" consist of?

Hey all,

Getting back into trading and getting some decent MF gear. Browsing the west ladder trading forums, I see that some people prefer payment in caster packs, a la Ral + P. Amethyst +JJ. My question, as the title stats, is how many Rals and P. Amethyst = 1 pack? For example, on Tbone's thread, he lists "102 x Ist (2 packs each)" but 2 of each seems kind of low to me for an ist. Or has the value of crafting sets gone up that much in price?

2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Re: How many gems/runes does a "caster pack" consist of?

1 pack would consist of rune+jwl+gem.

The caster pack, ie "Ral + P.Ame + jwl", is worth most. Mostly due to the Perf Ame. And because of the demand.

On euscl Id say 5 packs = Ist. (15-20Perf Ame ~= Ist)

Peace

3. Tbone

Tbone IncGamers Member

Not so much that the value of the crafting packs have gone up so much as the value of runes has come down. Many people have all of the uniques, runewords, and runes they'll need and so are spending the remaining days of ladder trying to craft something special. 2 packs for an Ist is pretty low as compared to euscl as Archone stated but runes appear to have dropped more in value on uswcl.

On the other hand if you want to pay more than 2 packs for an Ist I'm happy to take your offers :smug:

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

*Note to myself: Fight laziness and pick up JJs, complete packs can be traded more quickly*