Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How I plan on making $1000 in the first month

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by Markco, Apr 5, 2012. | Replies: 128 | Views: 11694

1. Markco

Markco IncGamers Member

2. Abidextria

Abidextria IncGamers Member

Re: How I plan on making $1000 in the first month

Here is my "strat"

Rush inferno
    Get to act 4
    Lvl blacksmith

IF i get the plans for a new item and there is low supply, ill craft
    ELSE sell mats, use gold to buy me better gear

Sell rank 5 gems only
    Buy higher rank if i can find a good undercut.

Sell pages of training
    Sell tomes of secrets
    Sell Dyes
    Sell dropped rares/sets/legendary .....will try to trade using forums or ****ty in game chat for what i want on my character.
    Sell excess gold
    and more....

I will be playing a WD
    I will be playing solo when farming, not sharing my MF/GF, plus i like the enchantress buffs =)

WILL I MAKE 1000$ ?!?!?!?! probably not....

few things i want to see discussed is how the economy will heat up via a 99% player base with a battle.net balance that does not cash out so where does this pent up money go....well... right back into the rmah, will this affect buying patterns? would someone spend 8$ on a 4$ item because they have a near capped bnet balance?

And how long will it take for a rmah powered by the NA Region(tis alot of people) to get up and running that matches what we see in the beta....remember that every new player gets 50BB so with the thousand+ players that get keys we got a pretty good economy to start.

Marko says 20$ for a unit of gold....really marko.....

i say 5$ max, when supply kicks up...it will float around 2-3$ for awhile. then drop to its lowest value of 1.50
  3. Abidextria

Abidextria IncGamers Member

The most undervalued stat of a player is SKILL.
  4. Chaosmage

Chaosmage IncGamers Member

cool story bro
  5. Pheal

Pheal IncGamers Member

20 $ for 1000 gold, you must be a market expert... I will sell it to you for 10$ and you get to make a 100% profit afterwards! How does that sound? Btw items you buy at the beginning dont scale linearly, if you would look at the level curve you will see that you outlevel early items way too fast and its not worth it to buy them on the rmah. Please don't make people waste their auction house spaces with nonsense "secrets". You claim to be a market guy yet has no commo n sense concept of it. Loosing more and more credibility by the day aren't you? It's not about bashing it's about you trying to make people.believe in this bs.
  6. AlexanderBarin

AlexanderBarin Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

His goal isn't to educate, nor to make $1000 using RMAH. His goal is to sell half-baked gold making strategy guides, probably to earn himself alot more than $1000.

He did the same with WoW. He has decent but common/obvious advice, not at all worth paying money for. But by playing the publicity games, he suckers people into buying his guides. I made alot more gold than him, and alot faster, using my own strategies, and spending much less time than him. You can tell the really good gold-making blogger(greedy goblin) from a bad one (marko) by one thing, for sure: the good one will never peddle anything for $. Information is/should be free.

Furthermore, in regards to benevelence of sharing: noone shares for nothing. Goblin shares to peddle his ultra-right agenda, Marko shares to peddle his guides (difference being, as I said the bad one intends to make money, the good one doesn't). But noone is going to share truly good secrets just because they have time to waste. EVERYONE WHO SHARES GOLD MAKING "SECRETS" HAS AN AGENDA BEHIND SHARING THEM.... (bolded for significance... this is my 8 years of WoW experience speaking). #1 rule of gold making: take everything you read with a grain of salt, and find your own niche (which is what I did to extreme success)
    I've been the richest person for awhile on a first generation WoW server, last year I came back and made over 10,000,000 gold within months, and no way in hell would I ever share my strategies information with others! WHY would I? So someone from a server I play on would steal my market space?

I'm not discouraging anyone from reading Marko's posts btw. Some of them contain solid basic info. But understand this: his #1 goal isn't to make you money. It's to encourange you to buy his guide.

7. Markco

Markco IncGamers Member

If YOU understood why players buy something you would realize that in the early game players will not be making the most intelligent decisions.

The $20 per thousand gold is an incredibly temporary widow of time. Might happen for just a few hours, but mark my words it will happen.

Your repsponse adds nothing to the conversation, although apparently your aim isn't to converse, but to discredit. It's easier to discredit with useful information, so if that is your goal make yourself useful and come up with something else.

8. Markco

Markco IncGamers Member

Nice you made 7 million more gold than me! I made mine in burning crusade, at about 40k a week. On big patches I'd make over 100k in a night.

I taught 6,000 people how to do the same and 3,000,000 people visited my website to learn something as well.

I thank you for your honest "review" of my postings, but come on now, you're only successful in life if you delver a service of value to others. You make it sound like I'm bottling common sense and selling it. Common sense doesn't keep people satisfied or make them wealthy.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  9. AlexanderBarin

The problem is, you write posts that are misleading, subjective, and often full of erroneous assumptions (e.g., you haven't even played the full game yet, but you already know how things are going to be), for the sake of publicity. I (and many others) don't respect this.

10. Markco

Markco IncGamers Member

How else do I bring up the conversation? I don't see anyone else attempting to draw meaningful conclusions from player psychology, past lessons, and analysis of what we know from beta.

I respect your opinion but actions speak louder than words. I will continue to make the vast majority of my ideas public, and people will make up their own minds as to what my motives are.

Now, can we get back on topic?
  11. AlexanderBarin

It's a free world! If people are stupid enough to bored to argue over your baseless assumptions, or stupid enough to buy the guides you're peddling (your only motive, no need to make up any mind over it), then by all means.

Oh, and if you genuinely wanted to discuss or theorycraft on these things, you wouldn't be linking to a forum where you have your seller website as a signature.

Just saying.

12. jwfcp

jwfcp IncGamers Member

what it boils down to is teamwork; do you have dozens people that trust you, splitting the cost of getting your blacksmith maxed out asap, feeding you mats, so you can start stuffing them full of the finest things you can craft in return? the allure of anonymous real money sales will cripple casuals ability to form groups like these, and these teams will dominate the markets.

Something I expect to see is guilds with a shared copy of the game, the guild leader and select officers have access to this one account, which has been rushed through the requirements for the bs+jc (beat hell), is parked and used solely for people that need things to be crafted to do so (so it wont just be one guild crafter dreading logging on), well and also as a guild bank of sorts. You'll probably see accounts for this on ebay or whatever- THAT might be worth a few hundred early on, VERY limited market for it though. Would be nice if sharing access to the high level blacksmith could be shared by membership in some sort of ingame guild structure, but I dont see blizzard throwing away such a huge sink.
  13. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

I would bet $10,000 that 1000g will never be worth $20. Not even $5. Considering it takes less than 20 minutes to farm 1000g in Act 1 Normal.

Marcko some of your projections concern me.... Let me explain why this is ludicrious.

At $20 per 1000g, a new character in Act 1 normal can make $80++ per hour. This is higher than 98% of US citizens wages. In fact, I know a guy who can farm 1,000,000 gold in a week, so by your theory, this guy will earn $20k per week, or $90k per month. If you think this is going to happen I feel that you might be beyond help and you should probably not invest any money in to Diablo 3 as with projections like this you will lose grossly.

I would be surprised if 1000g = $1.00 at its peak.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  14. AlexanderBarin

He doesn't need to be right, he just needs attention.

15. Markco

Markco IncGamers Member

Let me explain with more context.

I'm not saying it is sustainable in any way.

$20 per thousand in the first few hours of play is possible if people who don't know better are buying it.

Within a few hours of play the price of gold will plummet substantially, but don't be surprised if it settles at $3-$5 for the first few days.

Think of it this way. We only know how much gold we can make in beta, but we really don't know how much we will spend in the game while leveling. A lot of players will spend every penny they earn on gold sinks, and they will buy gold depending on many different factors.
  16. Sulle

Sulle IncGamers Member

....and good luck!

17. Bowzer

Bowzer <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a><br>D

I would be surprised if 1 million gold goes for $1 after the first week.

18. ael

ael IncGamers Member

100$ first day ? Yea right.

Your strat mainly relies oon people buying stuff like mats and middle-class crafties.. Which I guess could work but I think you overestimate people's willingness to give away money for in game stuff.

Anyways, the best of luck.

edit: also I'm guessing the RMAH will be pretty much underused until blizz puts pvp back in the game.
  19. Loriku

Loriku IncGamers Member

The big spenders of ingame items will not be buying much, if anything initially. The thing that drives these people to buy is seeing other peoples items, there's those that play catchup too which guess what....won't be around for a while, $20 per 1000g is just rediculous, I make that off 20 drops in beta, fair enough I have GF but for the average player, they'll make that 1000 in the first 30 minutes easy, and whats 30 minutes to the average player?

Theres only a very select few people stupid enough to spend more than they earn per hour IRL, if you make $100 in the first day (after cuts) and especially $1000 in the first month (after cuts) then you should apply to be the next COD games market strategist.

I plan on making some revenue off the RMAH in the first month but nothing obscene like that and especially not from gold which drops a ludicrous amount even in beta...maybe when it does become an actual goldsink (I'm saying end of NM, beginning of hell) then yeah...gold may sell but nowhere near that silly price and there's only the hardcore (not game mode) players that will be there first...let me give you an insight into us hardcore players, we don't spend anything...so your gold sales market strategy fails because by the time the average player hits that area, the market will be flooded with hopefuls such as yourself.

I'm not flaming you but damn, my hat's off to you if you do it, I don't see it happening though, especially these figures pulled out of thin air. I'm not a complete doofus either, when I got bored of clearing WoW content I used to transfer characters around realms getting multiple chars goldcapped (and destroying the economy at the same time, sorry!). That won't happen in D3 though due to the scale of players using the AH, we aren't realm locked anymore, we go by region now, that's a lot of people per AH, something you have to consider.
  20. FaultyYogurt

FaultyYogurt IncGamers Member

I think your strategy is a winning strategy to get more cash than the next guy, but not necessarily to get real cash. Only do it if it's fun to you, because the only way I would believe you could make real serious money doing this is if Blizzard sells gift cards in retail stores from day 1, and furthermore starts you off with a bit of in-game currency from the retail box. Since it doesn't look like either of those will happen, then....no.

Actually I bet there will be people who make $1000 per month for the first year, and possibly for the second year depending on how often patches are made and how soon PvP comes out.

Those people will be the botters who manage to keep from being banned, the people who share accounts to keep their characters farming 24 hours/day, the people who manage alternate auction websites, and the people who code and sell exploit/botting software.

Real players who think they will be able to make close to working wages off of playing this game the real way are on :cloud9:
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012