Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How far are you?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Cerzi, May 15, 2012. | Replies: 266 | Views: 21267

1. Cerzi

Cerzi IncGamers Member

So I just lost my duo partner to the act 2 endboss - he died right as the "OH **** NO I DONT WANT TO DIE" phase began, leaving me to deal with an almost full double-hp boss solo. The fight took me 5 minutes and I came so close to dying several times, but slowly wittled him down while playing ultra defensively. Getting out of that fight alive after being sure I was as dead as my friend was such a rush, something beyond what I ever got from Diablo 2 HC. The complete focus required to stay effective in the fight knowing the odds were you were gonna lose a good 7-8 hours of time, and the shaking after!

This comes after losing my first char to the Act 1 boss, I was underleveled and stupidly decided to stick to vault rather than keeping smoke screen available, and died to one combo. That time, it was my friend who finished him off - so now we're even!

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be anyone else alive in Act3 on the EU servers, so I was kinda wondering how far people are getting along?

And if there's anyone here in Act3 on EU lemme know, its awful lonely now!
  2. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

I'm getting close to the end of Act I, doing the Imprisoned Angel quest. clvl 15.5

Taking a break to go ride my bike. :)
  3. turnips

turnips IncGamers Member

I'd love to play...server is down or something.
  4. Amarules

Amarules IncGamers Member

I started last night and got my HC DH upto skeleton king. Finished off act 1 this morning and levelled to 18 in Act 2 first few zones.
    Then my friend finally got his copy this morning so I stated a HC Barb and played that through to lvl 19 (midway thru act 2) today also.

No deaths yet though I've certainly had 1 or 2 "oh crap" moments..in particular the Teleporter unburried champion pack that bombed me at the same time as a group of Vortex Beserker Champions in Halls of Agony.
  5. Raver

Raver IncGamers Member

Close to the end of A1 with my Demon Hunter I believe.
  6. HadesIII

HadesIII IncGamers Member

I've got two lvl. 14s so far. A WD looking for Leorics mansion, and a Monk that's somewhere inside the mansion. I have no idea how far that is in Act 1 so please don't spoil it for me.

Well, other than to let me know if I should backtrack some and get a few more levels before I continue!

Only had one near-death, two packs of those big bull things that charge, one all champions, the other with a boss and his minions. They were playing pinball with my Monk and it just wasn't fair. Thanks goodness for that blindness skill, it's saved my bacon on more than one occasion.
  7. Amarules

Ploughed on with the Barb in co-op tonight. After the ramp up in difficulty at the start of act 2, it seemed to plateau as we began to find some decent rares fairly frequently. The rest of act 2 was a breeze. Stopped for tonight on lvl 26 somewhere through the siege in Act 3.
  8. Raver

Raver IncGamers Member

Almost through A1 again. My two handed barb is turning out to be fun.

I've only found one rare wep. Unfortunately it's a one handed (and mighty).
  9. Toque

Toque IncGamers Member

My summoner WD is lolling his way through the end of A2 right now. Having 3 dogs, a gargantuan, and my templar is making for some super safe progress. I don't think my HP has dropped below half ever.
  10. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

So far Ive managed to kill two HC barbarians today, a level 13 and a level 9 . My current HC barbarian is level 14 and in the Halls of Agony 2 before the server booted me offline. I have a feeling Im about to meet a certain Demon Ive seen before because the scenery just fits with all the torture devices and such and Ive seen some spoilers so Im ready for it.

People that are complaining the game is bad are crazy IMO - Ive been locked in all day and I dont wanna go to work tommorrow. I like everything Ive seen so far, the graphics are excellent, the difficulty is good, and the story keeps me wanting more.

Only drawback has been the server issues today because I was off and only got to play about 6 hours total but that was expected so Im hoping the next 10 years only gets better.....

gnight !!
  11. Naxu

Naxu IncGamers Member

Just went through the Archive section of Act 2 with my monk.
    The monk is not very specified in skills yet, trying to give some use everything. But it looks like i'll be gravitating to a fairly high spirit consumption build with a single generator and a bunch of defensive skills.
  12. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

I still have not been able to play the game past where we were in the Beta.

I was denied access after staying up late on release night. Woke up 4 hours later to do some leveling to get past the SC level requirement to make an HC character, but now at level 9.85 I have been met by another server crash.

My initial impression is that the game is the same as the beta, except now I have paid full price for it but don't get to actually play it...

I'm sure it will be fun once all these problems or resolved, but currently I am thoroughly frustrated... thoroughly.

-hps
  13. cbr

cbr IncGamers Member

I'm in Act 2 now, had a couple of very close calls and 2 out of the 4 players in my game died when we killed the Butcher.
  14. Raesene

Raesene IncGamers Member

I only had limited time to play, compounded by server issues and having to level to 10.

My first HC character is a level 11 DH, and I'm a few quests past the skeleton king. I'm currently backtracking to fill out my gear a bit though as things seem to get pretty tough. Also, I just want to explore a bit.
  15. Ulyssesjelly

Ulyssesjelly IncGamers Member

I died yesterdaý in Act3 with my lvl 27 Monk.
    Huge pack of monsters, frozen enchanted and only a small stairway to fight them off.
    Got frozen up and couldn't even chug a potion.
    Made a WD after that. He is lvl 11 now and close to the butcher but I gotta track back a little bit to gain more levels.
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
  16. Raver

Raver IncGamers Member

Back to the start of A1.

Again.

My barb randomly stopped responding and then was mauled.

Oh well. . . managed to find a unq with him at least.
  17. Fearhad

Fearhad IncGamers Member

Same here on my WD. This game is going to be a blast on hardcore. I love it already.

18. Helpoing

Helpoing IncGamers Member

Finally got my WD to Act 2. First leveled to 10 in SC and was surprised that my friends couldn't invite me, then discovered that I accidentally started playing on US servers instead of EU /(-_-) So I went for another rush to 10 this time on the right servers. Teamed up with a Barb and a DH and begun my first HC toon. It was fairly safe up until Leoric and Fields of Misery also didn't seem dangerous. But then we ran into a pretty interesting event which I assume is a perfect death trap if you don't know what you are dealing with.

We entered a small grove with a treasure chest and as soon as we opened it the trees around us came to life. The whole place was covered with their poison bombs in no time and health dropped really fast. Barb leaped away, while DH and me ran for our lives. Only then did I realize that the cooldown on the pots is LONG. I barely escaped, but DH did not. Should I say that after the encounter I was pumped up for about half an hour and was enjoying the game like never before. No way would I have the same feelings on softcore. Thank you, hormones :crazyeyes:
  19. Amarules

My DH was the first to it the dust this morning at lvl 19 thanks to a router disconnect just as a pack of Champion Wasps appeared on the edge of my screen. Better get used to that I guess.

Meanwhile the Barb is becoming an unstoppable beast absolutely destroying everything in its path and going toe-to-toe with every boss yet. Currently sitting happy at lvl 30 at the end of Act 3.
  20. Kornkills

Kornkills IncGamers Member

just died at 24 starting act 3, FML. break then the grind starts again... at least i dont have to waste my gold on leveling up crafting for a while.