Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How exactly does the glitch work

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Dreamghost, May 25, 2010. | Replies: 18 | Views: 1488

1. Dreamghost

Dreamghost IncGamers Member

How exactly does the glitch work

i know about this thing that enables you to always get quest rewards from Meph, but i dont know precisely how it works or how u can use it.
    can this be done if you have already killed meph and completed the quest?
  2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: How exactly does the glitch work

Create the game with a character who already solved act 3, then switch to a chracter who hasn't done that so far, so he won't get the quest solved, but still gets a first kill drop.

IMO it's not worth the efforts. It's annoying to switch between characters, it costs more time, it can lead to more bnet temp bans and you will have to stop at the end of act 3 with that character.
  3. Pyrates

Pyrates IncGamers Member

I think this only applies to Andariel. You'll have to talk to Warriv _after_ your first kill of her, that makes her bugged and you'll always get quest drops from her.
  4. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

Hmmm, I thought you needed to make a game with a char that has not done a quest, then switch to your mf char to get quest drops. At least it works that way when doing countess, where you can see if you get the quest drop (quest drop means the chest opens). It's hard to know if andy or mephi do a quest or a normal drop though, so not 100% certain about this...
  5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot IncGamers Member

I agree. I would also like to point out that while your odds of getting a boss to a rare/set/unique when you kill them for a quest reward are improved, it's not like they can drop anything as their quest drop that they otherwise could not drop.
  6. krischan

I wasn't talking about the Andariel glitch. The mentioned technique works with any act boss. And it's not about quest drops, but first kill drops :p, these are two different things. For example, the quest drop of Andariel is a couple of gems, in addition to her other drops. However, you don't have to do the awkward game creation procedure for Andariel because there's another bug with respect to her first kill drop.

The gold from the Countess is something else, it's a special event which is tied to the quest. It's actually not from the Countess.

I'm pretty sure that first kill drops (which only exist for act bosses) are produced as I wrote.

If all magical armor and weapons are failed set items, it's probably a first kill drop.

7. Pyrates

Pyrates IncGamers Member

Yeah, I figured that, but the OP talked about quest drops, so I thought maybe he had things confused :)

8. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

The two terms are often mixed. Krischan is right about how it works, but all of you forget one thing: On bnet, there are lots of games up in which you can run meph. Just check the q log, and ignore the spam. Hey, a pub game is a pub game. Works for me.
  9. kardinaal

Then I've been going about it all wrong :p . I usually run all big guys in NM in a permed game made with a char that has done nm cain, but no other quests yet.

Using this glitch if you're doing just meph runs would be a loss of time, but is there any way to glitch all act bosses?

10. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Nah, having a char stuck in act 3 pays over time. And you'd be very well able to do glitched andy in that same game, along with ancient tunnels, and maybe summoner.
  11. kardinaal

So if I start a nm game with a char that has done baal, the glitch would work for diablo/Baal as well? Or is it limited to chars that have done A3?

And can the char you create the game with remain ingame? Like using a BA-barb or enchantress to start the games, then using my second install to bring in the MFer that can benefit from BO/enchant?
  12. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Yes. No. Yes. Yes.
  13. Dreamghost

Dreamghost IncGamers Member

so there's no way to use the glitch killing meph with a char that has already completed the quest.
  14. krischan

No, there isn't.
  15. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

the thing that makes the glitched drops so interesting is, that they aren´t affected by mf. so u can run the bosses with zero mf and still get the same drops as u´d have with 500.
    that makes this specially interesting for starting up, as u don´t need to make sacrifices concerning the gear towards mf
  16. krischan

First kill drops are affected by %MF, but they are already pretty good with 0%. What's not affected by MF is the chance to get a rare item because that's the minimum for them (except for failed sets and items which cannot be rare, see above).
  17. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

The chance to get a rare item IS affected by MF: It gets lower.

The really interesting thing is that no keys, gold, ammo, potions etc makes for MUCH more weapon/armor/jewelry/rune drops. With very high set/unique base chances.
  18. krischan

OK, replace "affect" with "increase", that's what I meant anyway :smug:
  19. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

good thing i run the glitched ones without mf, i don´t want uniques and sets as i want 6 rares as often as possible :D