Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How does the stun mechanic work?

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by Aleeque, Jan 2, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 3772

1. Aleeque

Aleeque IncGamers Member

What exactly decides whether I will stun the monster (send it into hit recovery animation) that I'm attacking?
    And what exactly decides whether the monster will stun me if it manages to land a hit?

Is it the HP? Or maybe the level? I haven't played Diablo for a couple years so I forgot many things that I once knew.
  2. Aleeque

Aleeque IncGamers Member

Okay, I found some info on the internet:

"When you are hit and don't block it, you will take damage. If the damage is big enough, your character will go through a hit recovery animation; you are stunned, during which you can't do anything. If you get hit again before you manage to hit back or move this repeats and you are stun locked and can't react away. The hit recovery is initiated if the following conditions are met:
    damage >= clvl

It is worth noticing that the check for hit recovery is made prior to any damage reduction due to using a Mana Shield. There are also some bugs regarding hit recovery while using Mana Shield. So while using a Mana Shield, in addition to the requirements above, damage must also be below your current life for you to be put into hit recovery:
    current life > damage >= clvl"

Does this mean that if I reduce my Sorceror's hp to 1 by getting hit by Black Deaths repeatedly, I would gain immunity to hit recovery? And would that be considered cheating? What is the legit community's stance on this?

P.S. I still haven't found any answer to what decides whether I will stun the monster I'm attacking. So if anyone knows anything about this I'd be thankful.
  3. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

Yes, a sorceror can subvert hit recovery by reducing his max life. It's a common build exploit. I wouldn't consider it cheating, just cleverly utilizing the game mechanics to your benefit. But some might disagree.

The monster is put into hit recovery if FinalDamage>=mlvl+3.
  4. Aleeque

Aleeque IncGamers Member

Thanks! Didn't know that.