Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How can I improve my build/dps?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Trinity, May 13, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 3579

1. Trinity

Trinity IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Frontline-1642/hero/3031104

I just came back from a year hiatus and this is how far I've gotten in a week on my barb. I'm not really sure what build to use for 2h barbarians. I've been playing with a WW/Tornado build but it doesn't generate enough fury to keep my berserker up permanetly. I'm also quite squishy, sitting at 38k health wtih ~400 resists.

I did clear inferno on MP3/4 though and i sit around 158k dps buffed.
  2. mortuus

mortuus Diablo: IncGamers Member

Since you are using weapons master you should consider putting a mace or axe as mainhand weapon so you get a 10% critical hit chance bump, i never thought the bul khatos weapons were anything special, not using thoose together that is.. And u need more damage too, at least 100k to be effective but it all depends how much gold u have. Try also changing the helm for IK helm u get Crit chance there too, im using full ik set so i never loose fury and the bonus is nice to have.
  3. Trinity

Trinity IncGamers Member

I had a skorn on it when i posted this. I put on the bul kathos and generated more fury with my WotB and kept perma-WotB. But thanks I'm going to try to get some more crit gear even though I'm poor.
  4. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

Trinity, your barb isn't too bad. I think you could replace a few key pieces that are holding you back and do much better though. Your have 2 attacks/second with your offhand so you're hitting the most common Rltw breakpoint.

My gear suggestions: You could replace your amulet with one that has attack speed instead of crit damage. This would let you swap your witching hour for an IK belt that would give you life leech, and @res, which you really need. This would also allow you to swap out your leech passive for unforgiving so you can always generate fury. Regarding fury gen... you don't have a fury generator? How does that work out? Next, I don't know if you chose the Bul Kathos set for style points, or if you found them, but they are WAY outclassed by a good axe/sword set. Replacing your mainhand with an open socket, 900 dps axe or mace with crit will give you a lot more dps. You can keep the offhand if you like, or swap it for a sword/dagger with marginal dps that has life leech and at least two of the following: socket, vita, str, crit damage. You may lose screen dps, but you will kill a lot faster. Here's my barb for reference: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tougeznut-1970/hero/25023167

Feel free to friend me and I can help you out with some gear that I might have laying around.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  5. mojolevel

mojolevel IncGamers Member

Looks like you made some improvements with your weapons, so I think you're starting to be on the right track there. I'd suggest focusing on a couple of things at this point.

You've got 3 pieces of IK on, which in my opinion is overkill. If you're actually seeing noticeable advantage in having 9% melee damage reduction (set bonus + IK gloves), then I think you still may find what I'm about to suggest as enough to compensate. Craft yourself some new gloves. It shouldn't take many attempts craft a pair of gloves with 2 of 3 trifecta stats + all resistances and/or vitality, and of course they will at minimum have more strength than your current pair of gloves. You'll see a big DPS gain by improving that slot which will in turn boost your gains through LS. I'd also suggest crafting yourself some bracers. Again, it shouldn't take many attempts to out class your current Strongarms. Since your a bit on the low side as far as vitality is concerned I think you'd end up better off if in place of that 8% life on your bracers you picked up some actual vitality. The biggest thing to be gained in this slot and the gloves slot is All Resistances. You need to pick up a few hundred resistances if you can. I'd also keep an eye out for a new ring to replace your rare. You've got good seed stats on that ring, but their values are all quite low. Of course this is an expensive slot to upgrade, so I'd just recommend taking your time and keeping an eye out for a good drop.

I do have a question that echos what tougeznut already asked, "How do you manage without a fury generator"? I can't imagine you're getting enough crit hits to make up for that deficit...
  6. Trinity

Trinity IncGamers Member

To answer the question about how I keep my fury up, I was watching a video about WW/Tornado barbs posted by hansenvi and tried out the skills and build and it generates a plethora of fury once I get into a mob. I've kept perma WotB as long as there's monsters with overkill, warcry, and the sprint tornados.

Thanks for the advice guys!
  7. mortuus

mortuus Diablo: IncGamers Member

If i were you i would swap out the bracers for laucuni instead, they give u walk speed and attackspeed, both very nice, and try get ik gloves with attackspeed too, they are cheap now, u want fast if using dual wield u will see difference.
  8. mojolevel

mojolevel IncGamers Member

No problemo! That's intriguing about the fury generation...I would never have guessed that you could maintain enough that way!