Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

How can a non-twinked barb get past this PI?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by thewoodshed, Apr 15, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 1836

1. thewoodshed

thewoodshed IncGamers Member

How can a non-twinked barb get past this PI?

I have a level 65 frenzy barb in NM and was playing him in the Glacial Trail. I came across a moon Lord with "Immune to Physical, Stone Skin, Mana Burn" and wasn't making a dent. I went to get a cople of sord with elemental damage (modest as it was) and it took me 8 pots just to move his life bar.

Should I just re-roll that game and hope for the best? How do non-twinked barbs get past this?
  2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Re: How can a non-twinked barb get past this PI?

You can just skip something like that for now. You will get a lot more PI monsters in hell though.

A point in berserk is the best solution, it does good damage even with 1 point. You could also use a lawbringer on switch, it's fairly inexpensive. Or even put it on a barb merc.
  3. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

+1 for this

also i´ve used ctc amp weapons a lot, when i came upon such enemies.
    either on you or your merc, they go down pretty easily once it procs.
    the best part of it is, you can always shop them whenever needed and don´t need to keep them in your inventory

another tactic i´ve used successfully was to kill them with open wounds. it can be triggered with elemental damage, it is slow, but very consistent in dmg/time, it is combinable with the other methods mentioned and will stop the life regeneration should you need to reproc the amp or decrep.
    it can be obtained fairly easy on all sorts of items including crafted blood belts

however those methods are rather time consuming, so it is porbably better to just skip them if it is not a personal vendetta you have with that enemies that makes you want to kill them all

4. thewoodshed

thewoodshed IncGamers Member

Thanks

I rerolled the area and got on physical immune on it, but it didn't have stoneskin and wasn't a lord with Mana burn, so I was able to down them. Took time but it happened. The lords are extremely hard to run from so I was happy there.

What is "CTC"?

EDIT: looked at Lawbringer too and that seems the trick, but unfrtunatly I have not seen those runes drop yet.
  5. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Lords suck, one of the nastier monsters, especially for melee builds.

ctc= chance to cast.

You'll find those runes eventually, they aren't too rare really.
  6. Axamas

Axamas IncGamers Member

I too highly recommend 1 point (and 1 is enough) in Berserk
  7. DBlock

DBlock IncGamers Member

I've never tried this, but if you're really poor you could shop for some wands with high elemental damage. With frenzy and ds it should do the trick
  8. Obdob

Obdob IncGamers Member

+1 to Lawbringer
    Once you have this and a weapon that does a little bit of damage in the other hand (like the Oath runeword), Hell difficulty becomes a walk in the park.
    The Countess on Hell difficulty is well worth your time for the runes for these items (plus the Treachery runeword).
    Good Luck!