Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

how am i doing with my wd

Discussion in 'Witch Doctor' started by sweetalmonds, Nov 28, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 5239

1. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/king-1853/Wut/16485380
    spent 50m on him so far. i got 12m more and would like more ehp while not dropping the damage by too much. i was looking for zuni helms with crit but they are reallly expensive but it would give me the 3 piece bonus of 55@r, or maybe zuni chest? also is my skill build ok? i don't have any improved pick up radius items so grave injustice and gruesome feast is hard to benefit from.
  2. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

For 3 piece Zuni's, you can get Zuni's Marrow. It will be a character sheet dps loss, but attack speed doesn't scale as well with Witch Doctors. Even if you don't have pick up radius, GI/GF can still be useful, especially if you are using Bears and can survive standing at point blank range. Of course, a lot of pick up radius made it even better. For helm, Visage of Giyua is really good. It can be a bit expensive with crit, but a solid piece with AR, Int, mana regen, and socket.

Your build is decent, although I would switch Fetish Army for either Horrify/Stalker for the run speed bonus, or Locust Swarm Pestilence for killing trash quickly. At your dps, it should one shot most white mobs on mp 0-1.
  3. voj

voj IncGamers Member

You're plvl6 so I would just start grinding xp at mp0 act3, finding legenderies along the way. You did well getting over 100k dps for 50 mil. I would first get pick up radius improved (faster runs and more survivability), then go for the 4 piece zuni bonus for more dps (no mana=0 dps).

You could also replace your rares (shoulders, belt, hands, wrists) with more armor and pickup radius for cheap if you're lucky. I sometimes find rares on the ah with vit, int, armor, pickup, all res, mf.

Look at this thread (locust swarm) for a fast mp0 farming build that's not mana-intensive. I farm at mp0, then switch to mp5 when I get tired of speed runs, then switch back, and so on.

You'll probably need to dump 100mil to satisfy all that and maintain your current dps. I'm at a point where getting 5k more dps would cost me atleast 50 mil and at the same time maintain my ehp.
  4. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

thanks guys. i think im gonna sell the tal chest n helm and go for zuni. i think i got a good deal on the chest, it was 2.5m but i search for those stats with % life and life reg they're close to 20m so im gona sell it.