Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hit me, I dare you!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by GetMerked, May 2, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 1129

1. GetMerked

GetMerked IncGamers Member

Hit me, I dare you!

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bWXVTP!SZd!ZcYccZ

Any thought's on this build? I had a real tough time deciding between Leap, Whirlwind, Frenzy, and Earthquake.

Leap would help me get high returns on my AoE abilities.
    Earthquake deals such high damage.
    Frenzy would provide a great damage boost with a fury generation.
    Whirlwind would heal and provide great damage against multiple targets.

Edit: I just realized I had 3 fury generators. I think it may be useful to remove either Leap or Frenzy in exchange for whirlwind. Such a difficult decision! They all have such great applications!
  2. Doppel

Doppel Banned

Re: Hit me, I dare you!

I'd definately use something else then Reaping Swing seeing that you don't have a proper Fury Spender at the moment.
    If your goal is to keep Fury up, then Berserker Rage will go a longer way then Ruthless will i think.
    Revenge is an awesome skill to heal with, so maybe Bloodthirst is a little redundant, consider using something that boosts your armor or lowers enemy damage instead.
    Lastly a precaution, Maniac's damage boost only applies to Frenzy.
  3. GetMerked

Ah I was unaware of Maniac's catch.. guess it would be too good to be true.

Yes, I did want to keep fury up, mostly to be able to pop one of the Rage abilities whenever I needed. I don't really see Berserker rage having any usefulness at all, honestly. Way I see it, if my fury is that high for any extended period of time, something is wrong.
    I think what I'm going to do is something like this: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bhXVTP!SZg!ZbYcbZ

I'm extremely reluctant to pull Bloodthirst away. Mainly because my concept likes big packs of baddies, getting hit by them, regenerating life, and dealing massive damage to multiple targets, like a boss.
  4. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

I don't think we still have confirmation how maniac rune actually works. Time will tell how it actually works. Maniac rune after all is lvl 59 rune, but then again it's worded differently from bashes punish rune.
  5. Snerra

Snerra IncGamers Member

If you're going with Whirlwind, then I'd drop revenge, since AFAIK you'd have to interrupt Whirlwind to use it. Instead you could pick up War Cry/Charge!, which boosts your defence and generates 60 fury. It also lets you lets you go War Cry -> Leap -> Earthquake -> WotB -> Whirlwind. With no delays.

The only problem is that you might not be able to keep whirlwind-ing for long, so perhaps going for the Wind Shear rune instead of Blood Funnel would be a good idea. I suppose you could take Bloodthirst instead of Ruthless, then, although at a slight loss to your damage.

You are missing a good single-target skill, so I'd drop Cleave since you already have great AoE skills. Then get Frenzy or Bash instead.
  6. GetMerked

The way I read the word differences between maniac and punish: Punish only increases SKILL damage. Maniac increases ALL damage.

Hmm.. there are some really good suggestions there. I really want to keep revenge, because I think health regeneration is going to be a HUGE benefit for the barbarian. I'd rather remove whirlwind. However, I do like the way War Cry/Charge! looks. Hmm. You see!! This is exactly why I switched my first character from Monk to Barbarian! There are just too many good skills!

Are you able to pop both Rage abilities at once? Would Earthquake then deal 4000% weapon damage? (I'm sure it's more complicated math than that.. but for the sake of simplicity.. 4000%)

Because.. Then I'm thinking: War Cry -> Leap -> Cleave(1-4, depending on # of enemies) -> WotB -> Earthquake

Edit: Duh, earthquake is free with the rune.. so it would be War Cry -> Leap -> Cleave -> WotB -> Earthquake -> Revenge/Cleave

Edit 2: Here's an updated build, made minor revisions: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bVXkTP!SZg!ZcYcbZ

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  7. Snerra

Snerra IncGamers Member

Yeah, sorry, I got the ordering wrong. It should be WotB then Earthquake, as you say. It should benefit from the damage buff from WotB.. Seems almost imbalanced, but yeah :p

You should change the rune for Cleave. You can't use the extra fury for anything, so just go Rupture or Broad Sweep.
  8. GetMerked

Since I don't have any single-target and I do believe Maniac will increase all damage (it's the same wording as Insanity). I decided to throw frenzy instead of cleave. I also replaced ruthlessness for Bloodthirst for better survivability.

Here's the link: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVXkTP!Sdg!ccYcbZ

I think this is going to be a rather powerful build, but perhaps not the most fun one to use. I'd imagine wielding the largest damage 2hander I could find.

Rotation would go: Leap -> War Cry -> Frenzy(5) -> WotB -> Earthquake -> Revenge/Frenzy until CDs came back up -> War Cry every 30 seconds -> leap if dangerous situation