Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

highest pvp damage possible?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by NapcakePwner, Sep 10, 2011. | Replies: 22 | Views: 20385

1. NapcakePwner

NapcakePwner IncGamers Member

highest pvp damage possible?

i did some testing about damage and i got 21k hammer damage and 101k rabies damage, but i would like to know what could be the highest of all damage?, and i know that poison javazon can hit 150k with perf gear, but that dosent meen anythink, becouse it over like 2-3 minutes, so, if we calculate away auras and pre buff. what can be the highest damage possible? physical, elemental anything, maybe a ga glass zon with 8k ga, 7fps. they hit kinda hard, also a zealer with rare 450 ed eth ba, forty and pheonix can get some really high damage. also javazon with the right gear (vs non sorber) can take down players fast as hell.
    well, what could be the highest damage possible? plz dont say smite...
  2. vknez

vknez IncGamers Member

Re: highest pvp damage possible?

well you contradict your self. highest one hit damage or damage over time? pvp damage after penalty and possible reduction (dr, resists)

highest one hit least reduced pvp damage is berserk
  3. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

I would have to agree with vknez...since magic damage is the hardest to negate then beserk would probably be the hardest hitting one shot since only mdr can negate it. Other elements can easily produce bigger numbers but are much easier to absorb and negate by stacking res and the right gear.
  4. Furocious

Furocious IncGamers Member

Yeah, plague java is probably the highest total, but is resistible of course.
  5. NapcakePwner

ye berzerk might be the hardest hit, and dr wont work against :)
    and yes in 1 attack ;)
  6. alphaz

alphaz IncGamers Member

Hyperstacked auradin.

lol
  7. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

Yeah but that's not really 1-xxxxxxx, it's 1-xxxx and then 1-xxxx and again and again and again. So easy to beat with integer sorb.

8. alphaz

alphaz IncGamers Member

Aww sorber :p

He didnt exclude elemental damage, though he wants to "calculate away auras and prebuff". A non buffed light sorc with all perfect gears (including 3light 3lightning 3lightmastery 2os orb) could get more than 60k++ lightning damage. That's the highest LCS damage I've ever seen.

9. NapcakePwner

ye that is really high, wonder if ist a 1 hit ko :p
  10. vknez

vknez IncGamers Member

60 000 light damage
    pvp penalty ---> 10 000
    75 % resists --> 2500 light damage
    so not really ko skill

titan build berserker can hit 35 000 + deadly --> 70 000
    pvp penalty 11666 magical damage. thing is that minimal is 1000 pvp penalty dmg
    i assumed 615 str (35 base+505 from levels+20 ik gloves+25 belt+30 amulet)
    helm +3 combat+3 berserk 2 sox 40 ed jewels
    amulet 3 combat 30 str
    forty
    3*ik combo (boots get +2 combat)
    2 skill rings, ani torch bc 9 combat skillers
    415 ed war pike botd
    10 *3 max sc
  11. NapcakePwner

that would be a nice damage yes, but why the amu? highlord beats that in everyway, so does goreriders and steelrends. and a 450ed thunder maul socket with 2 ohm or 2 Lo runes. eth ofc and 20max dmg 40 ias. thats gg
  12. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

I was thinking about this a bit, & ran some numbers through the German calc... came out with some nice numbers for a Charge Pally.

Equip: (assuming perfect rolls where applicable)
    Rare Circlet - 30%ED, +2 Pally, +30Str, +12Max, 2os (2x 40%ED/15Max Jewels)
    Highlord's Wrath
    eth 'Death' Decapitator
    'Fortitude'
    Steelrend
    Rare/Crafted Belt - +30Str, (other nice mods)
    Gore Rider
    Rare/Crafted Rings - +20Str, +12Max, (other nice mods)
    10x Lion Branded GC of Maiming
    10x Fine SC of Maiming

Stats:
    660 Strength (500 from levels/Alkor + 160 from gear)

20 Vigor
    20 Might
    20 Fanaticism (25 after equip/BC)
    20 Charge (34 after equip/BC)

=
    12395 - 50362
    + DS (101% chance)
    =
    24790 - 100724
    - PvP penalty
    =
    4132 - 16788 (10460 average!)... and this still isn't counting the 75%CB!

even after the max of 50%DR, that is enough to 1HK any effective build I can think of on an average hit. Even better is that you don't have to worry about attack speed at all with Charge, while the Zerker is attacking at 14fpa. Charger is gg'ing before Zerker can get a swing in. Add to this that you have enough skill points left to build up FoH or Smite with a nice switch & I think we have a winner.
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  13. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Ed/Max (and ed/Min) jewels are bugged in non-weapon slots.

12 max damage can't spawn on rare/crafted rings (only up to 4 max, though you can get up to 9 min damage)

You should be able to get up to 25 strength on crafted rings though.

There's no "of maiming" suffix for small charms, you'd be looking for "of craftmanship" I believe.

Also I think a TS 'Sin using the Death decapitator could produce a higher damage number, though I haven't done the maths so could be wrong.

14. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

you're right... so make that +min instead of +max, and the numbers shouldn't be affected too much. (I'm not going to go back & change it, as I am lazy... it can stand forever as a testament that I didn't think my little thought-experiment all the way through completely.)

1.07 crafting FTW... those were supposed to be Blood Crafted rings from 1.07 or rares from modern patches. Really, 1.07 Greater Crafts (which I again didn't really consider) could get up to +30str apiece (+15affix/+15automod... the automod being higher on Greater Crafts (8-15)).

*Quick Disclaimer time*
    before someone comes back with some bs about that not being possible, its SP only. I play SP, so I was thinking from an SP perspective. This isn't the "highest pvp damage on b.net" thread, it is the "highest pvp damage possible" thread. For that matter, the GC's I mentioned were 1.07, so they would be +1 Pally Combat/+20 max damage. The 'Death' was also assuming a 1.07eth Decapitator for the base.

orly?
    Code:
    Small Charm [B]of Maiming
    [/B]Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
    Required Level: 43
    Item Version: Expansion
    Item Level: 88
    Fingerprint: 0x448da7ce
    +6 to Maximum Damage
    granted that too is from 1.07, so it's SP only (if the ATMA readout wasn't a tipoff to that).

possibly... why don't you crunch the numbers & let us know? :wink2:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  15. Dodgydave

I'm pretty sure the OP wasn't talking about SP so while there's lots of great things in 1.07 they probably don't help him much.

If you were going to go with 1.07 gear 40 max GCs would possibly beat Lionbranded as well.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  16. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

:unimpressed: really dude? If you are not even going to read what others post, then why even reply?

I'll make this easy...
    and as far as the extra damage vs +1 Combat Skills, why don't you do some math before you just throw out an assumption? You may just find that the point you are arguing has already been considered, and found the opposite.

17. Dodgydave

Sorry, I missed your disclaimer when I first read the thread. (Honestly I don't know if it was even there when I first read it, I certainly don't remember it and all the other small print though the post times seem to indicate it should have been there maybe I just overlooked the smaller font somehow.).

Anyway, I wasn't trying to be offensive, just offering ideas and correct some things that didn't seem quite right.

BTW, ed/min is just as bugged as ed/max when socketed in non-weapons though I may have again missunderstood what you posted.

I apologise for not assuming everything was using 1.07 items where advantageous to do so, since most of the forum is based around Battle.net play and hence the most current patch I seldom assume 1.07 (or other prior patches) unless on the SPF.

So I guess I apologise for not thinking that laterally.
  18. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

no apologies necessary if you get the point. :wink:

but anyway, the %ED/min-max bug is just that if you socket a jewel like that off-weapon, the %ED will only apply to the opposite stat of the +min/max.
    For Example: if you socket +%ED/+min jewels in armor/helm/shield, then the +%ED will only apply to max damage.
    Since within the context of this thread we were trying to boost damage numbers as high as possible, you would benefit more from +40%ED to maximum damage than from +40%ED to minimum (or even +30max Vermilion Jewels of Carnage). This would somewhat skew the numbers in my initial thought-experiment, but as I said, I wasn't thinking of the bug when I was just putting the idea together (I mean, really, the gear for that build is entirely almost entirely hypothetical... if I was actually going to make such a monstrosity, I would probably be a bit more thorough)

also, something I didn't think about is that all that 1.07 gear is also applicable to non-ladder, too. You could just farm it in SP, then bring onto open b.net, since open chars are stored client-side. Just for the record.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  19. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

You wouldn't stand a chance against the +300% FD/LD/CD/PD -300% @Res Slvl 99 Conviction 10k Life 10k Mana Lightning-fast FCR/FHR/FRW Pokemon that exist on Open. :D

20. Dodgydave

Use an ed/str jewel. You don't have to worry about the bug giving you a higher average damage.

Is open and non-ladder the same thing? Never realised that (I don't play online much).