Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with ww build please

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Fluffyknowsyou, Mar 2, 2012. | Replies: 13 | Views: 1854

1. Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou IncGamers Member

Help with ww build please

I've been playing my barbarian lately,but I can't figure out how some are getting 8k life while maintaining an attack rating of 15k or higher. This is what I got so far in my build.

17/16 torch
    17/15 anni
    27 small charm lifers
    Stat ring with 94 ar, 20 str and 10 dex
    Angelic ring and ammy(10k ar) or a switch to metal grid and raven(8.8 ar)
    Beast z
    Ebotd
    Arreats
    Engima ap

In reserve:
    Ber'd Coa
    Storm shield(@ ~64 block)

With this I end up with 5.6- 5.8k life
    8.8k tp 10k ar

I have no idea how to really up these numbers. Is there something I'm missing or something I can replace to get my barb stronger?

Second thing I need is tips on how to engage smiters and whirl wind barbs. When I face whirlwind barbs, I get smoked in one ww. Against smiters,most of the good ones wont run lol. So how do I get my ar up so i can hit them walking or running. Or is there something I'm missing like ww'ing by clipping or something?I'm at wit's end here and can't seem to do any better against other melee
  2. JEB90

JEB90 IncGamers Member

Re: Help with ww build please

If you want to be competitive against good duelers you need to invest a LOT more in your barb. First, you need max/ar/life scs. If you want to go cheap, get 1 or 2 max and focus on the ar and life. You can also use ar/life scs or ar/life gcs in a pinch. Second, ditch your stat ring for as close to 250/20 raven frost as you can get. Angelic is good vs. high def chars, but use highlords + 2nd raven vs others. Third, you need grief instead of botd. Finally, you need to realize that true bvbers will always kick your *** if they're any good. Your best bet is to whirl away from them when they attack, but they won't run so you will lose if they know what they are doing. Against smiters, you should also whirl away when they move in. You should be able to beat most of them without too much trouble. if you find you still need more ar, use demonlimb for a prebuff.
  3. Fluffyknowsyou

Thanks,but why is the damage from greif really higher than botd?
  4. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Perfect sup eBotDz = 47.5*1.5*5.15 = ~367 avg damage.
    Worst Grief BA = 47.5 + 340 = 387.5 average damage (with 20% extra Deadly Strike)

The only problem with Grief BAs is that you need a 34% IAS roll or better.
  5. Fluffyknowsyou

How did you get the numbers for ebotd? I'm sorry if its obvious,but I don't understand how you came to taht answer.
  6. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

BA has 47.5 average damage *1.5 for eth bonus * 5.15 for max %ED bonus.
  7. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

47.5 is the average base damage of a BA, which you multiply by 1.5 since it's ethereal, then by 5.15 to account for the 415% ED.
  8. Flax

Flax IncGamers Member

People tend to forget the stat bonuses when calculating ebotd vs grief damage its a lot closer then granted that you made a best vs worst comparison stephan but as the str bonus goes on both weapons and you have 90 extra statpoints to play with its not as bad as you make it out to be.

No disrespect tho :)
  9. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Since you're not gonna use Fort, have a Might merc or stat more in str than you absolutely need to, it's true that a PvP whirler gains a relatively good amount of damage from off-weapon ED. It won't come close to making up the difference between Grief an BotD though :)
  10. Barloc

Barloc IncGamers Member

The stat points seem better then they appear to be. Any strength or ED% will benefit grief all the more, even at the cost of losing 30 str, 30 dex and 30 vita (30 vita not effected by BO FYI). The only reason the benefit of much higher damage isn't apparent is because no one can see the effect in the stat box. From experience, having used both over the years in BvB dueling, ebotd barbs usually get stomped on because the damage dealt with grief is so much higher then barb with maybe 10% more life, and a weaker weapon. Anyone who uses both at an experienced level knows this.

@ the OP: You can't get near 8k life if you add any dex. You life number is normal for not having a full stash of perfect charms. You didn't list BO weapons on switch, you have those yes?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  11. Fluffyknowsyou

Update:

Arreats(um'd)
    Nigma ap w/15 ed
    Angelics ammy with 2 rings(default)
    Ebotd(default)
    Dungos
    Gores
    Dracs
    Full inventory of lifers with a bit of res mixed in
    20 torch
    20 anni

Switch:
    Hoto
    Doomz (too lazy to buy another cta/hoto or deal with anya for now)

In stash:
    Tgod (for farcast)
    Arach
    Dual fcr rings with random mods
    metal grid
    Storm shield(el'd)
    Doomz(for life tappers)
    Griefz
    Beastz
    20 and 16 raven
    19% wisp

Thinking about adding in a ap fort(1666 def) for bvb,but it will take a bit of testing.

Right now I have hit 7k health with angelics and ~6.7 for bvc fights and bvb fights. What I have found is with botd and my other stat boosters help a lot in bvb becuase I hit 60 percent block without nothing into dex. The reason why I don't aim for max block is the lower life doesn't help me against casters. I'm hoping fortitude will be enough for bvb duels since I usually lose by 1 or 2 ww's against people with 5k life.

This said the damage from grief is undeniable,but botd still trumps beastz in my opinion. :coffee:
  12. Barloc

Barloc IncGamers Member

Beast is better then ebotd when you use it as an off-hand weapon, paired with grief. Its a killer combo because of how it effects griefs base damage. Plus it adds a nice AR boost, and the OW is very useful. Comparing it as a single handed only is a different story. With no max block and ebotd, you are weak vs BvB. With some blocking and a big life number, you prolong the inevitable or give yourself more time to run back to town at best.
  13. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

I don't know if anyone caught this earlier, but instead of Metalgrid you should really be using a Highlord's Wrath with your two ravenfrosts. If you have to make up the res somewhere else (small charms or whatever), you should do that. Vs targets you don't need angelic's against, you should always use Highlord; it blows everything else out of the water for damage, the ias helps when zerking, +1 skill is never a bad thing, and light res is awesome.

You should also get your hands on an Umed Kira's to help stack vs pesky blizz sorcs, FoH dins, and the various javazons.
  14. Fluffyknowsyou

@ Barluc: I'm don't like fighting barbs exclusively, so a strong bvb is not what I'm after. Though I;ll keep that in mind and try a reset.

@Karth: I'll try hlords :)