Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with skelli build

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by WNxBeeky, Feb 3, 2004. | Replies: 9 | Views: 396

1. WNxBeeky

WNxBeeky IncGamers Member

Help with skelli build

Hi guys,

I'm attempting tomake a HC skellimancer build, that keeps the great party advantages of a skellimancer, whilst reducing the lag for any fellow players (this is HC afterall).

Here are current stats:

SM 20
    Skels 20
    Mages 1
    Revives 1
    CG 1
    GM 1
    Curses 20 (1 point in each)
    Teeth 1
    CE 1
    BA 1

( i have about +8 skill points with equip so all curses and Bone spells are healthy straight away)

I will have approx 40 skill points to allocate in the future (if i get that far). What should i put them into?

Poison Nova & Synergy for backing up my minions.
    B Spear & bonewall (high Bone armor, and a support spell)
    Something else?

Cheers :)
  2. Jayman450

Jayman450 IncGamers Member

3. WNxBeeky

WNxBeeky IncGamers Member

Ahhh sorry - i should have looked around a bit more. Can this thread be closed? I'll look at the other thread. :)
  4. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

I wouldn't worry about Lag. The biggest lag monsters out there are Lightning Fury Zons and Meteor/orb sorcs. Keeping 15 skellies + revives doesn't usually hurt.
  5. Lothos

Lothos IncGamers Member

I was bitched at the other night because some lightning zon complained I was lagging her and told me not to use my skels. I said, I'm a skelimancer, you want me to lick the mobs to death?
  6. ferretgod

ferretgod IncGamers Member

To speed up killing use CE, just need one corpse to get things poping
  7. Lothos

Lothos IncGamers Member

I use an offensive merc from act 2 and amp dmg to speed things along. And it seems to work well without the need for CE except in the rare boss instances.
  8. Abdul Alhazred

Abdul Alhazred IncGamers Member

my build is pretty much the same as yours, but I have +14 to skills which makes a huge difference and allows me 13 skellies. I didn't know where to concentrate my skills after I maxed RS and SM. I didn't like the mages becasue they died to fast and always blocked the road. I Didn't like the Revives because they always drop out right when you could use them. What I decided is that I would invest in Bione Spirit. I put a point into bone wall and bone prision for PvP and for hard creatures. I have been completed with this build and haven't died since lvl 30ish. The best for beating up those MF run dudes/dudettes seems to be decrep and glay golem. With 13 skells, a few summons, decrep and clay golem the boss moves about as slow as molases in January here in Minnesota. My Might merc with a spire hacks away doubling the skell dmg and no faster than a blink... ding dong baal is dead the wicked baal baal is dead... At lvl 84 the game has become a rather bore because it isn't challenging anymore. Once you amass all the good gear then what???? Maybe building a pvp necro would be more fun. I love AD + CE, but it almost seems like cheating since the enemies fall so fast. I did put a few extra points in CE to increase the radius to 10y. I did hell cows yesterday for the first time with this char and CE just mowed through em!!!!

Hope my experience can be of help. i have not tried to do a poison necro, but maybe that would make the game more challenging?!?!?1
  9. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

In my experience, revives lag people a lot more than skeletons. Combined with the fact that they just don't do much damage and get in the way of your main killing machines, the skeletons; I never use them.

I've never once had someone complain about lag when I've partied with them when using only my skeleton warriors.
  10. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

Of course you were lagging her... a Lightning Javazon doesn't even need another character on screen to lag them... their LF bolts alone can lag an entire screen full of characters with NO summons, including herself.