Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with Re-rolling Charms

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by CrSynth, May 6, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 1116

1. CrSynth

CrSynth IncGamers Member

Hi guys/girls,

I have to say i've never really done much with re-rolling so I have a few questions I hope you can help me out with. I had a great two runs, just now, back to back where I found a 20life sc and a 5@ sc.
    Now what I'm wondering is, would it be worth re-rolling these to try and get prefixes/suffixes or is this just going to destroy the stats that are already on it?

Another question, if Hell Baal drops a Gc, is this charm then automatically considered to have the highest iLvl and can be re-rolled with almost any stats?

Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

If you reroll them, they will loose their current stats.

I dont think its worth it, you need to know their ilvl. And if you want to reroll a sc to get a specific roll.. Then you really need to get an sc with the right ilvl.

As to your Baal charm question. Yes! ;)
  3. CrSynth

CrSynth IncGamers Member

Thanks Archone!

Are there any stats on a Sc that are fixed? Or is this onlythe ilvl which is hidden? I know that the ilvl depends on the mlvl from whom it drops, though if these are not mini-bosses or higher in regards to mlvl even if in Hell, does this mean that there is little point re-rolling because there is little or no chance for the highest re-roll?

Sorry, even that reads confusing to me, hope you understand what i'm trying to ask :)
  4. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

The only fixed thing would be the ilvl, yes.

If you are looking for a specific stat, like 5@, which needs an ilvl of 33 iirc. Then you should get one with that ilvl. Not higher!
    That will maximise the chances for the affix named "Shimmering". But theres variables, 3-5% all res. within the same affix.

So its basically easier to roll lower affixes than higher ones.

In nightmare and hell, the Area lvl = Monster lvl = ilvl. (iirc :) )
    In normal however, Alvl != mlvl.
    So be sure to check each monsters lvl through a wiki.

I actually learned that last year! ;)
    I tried to get a 4socket Crystal/Broad sword in Nrml Chaos Sanctuary.

But some of the monsters there has a lower mlvl, and a few higher! I used 3 very valueable socket quests on those swords.. 2-3 days into the ladder, that did hurt alot! ;)