Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help with an LLD Lightning Sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Nergal, Jan 23, 2012. | Replies: 4 | Views: 1785

1. Nergal

Nergal IncGamers Member

Help with an LLD Lightning Sorc

So I'm making a lvl 18 Sorc for LLD purposes (for fun really). I'll be using Lightning as a main skill. So far my gear is as follows:

Helm: Cathan's
    Ammy: Angelic Wings
    Armor: Angelic Mantle
    Wep: Spire of Lazarus
    Gloves: n/a
    Boots: n/a
    Ring: Cathan's Seal
    Ring: Angelic Halo
    Belt: n/a

She isn't level 18 yet, so I can't give you end level stats (actually, I'm just too lazy to :p). However, I will put the res/stats portion of it for her current level (16)

STR: 36 (90% sure I'm respeccing to take out the extra str)
    DEX: 35 (no hard points)
    Life: 150 (no hard VIT points)
    Mana: 135 (no hard ENE points)

Fire Res: 50
    Cold Res: 25
    Light Res: 0
    Pois Res: 0

Since it's only lv 18, I don't need to worry about pierce. So 75% is all I need in res. Now I'm unsure whether to get a lot of Poison res or not. (Spire of Lazarus has 75% Lightning Res so no worries there). There's only 2 builds I can think of that would abuse poison a lot and that's Rabies Druid and Daggermancer. I was thinking at least 50% as a backup, but I might go 75%. I know I can use charms to up my poison res but poison/str SCs are hard to come by for me. (I only have Light/Str)

I'm going to rush her through Normal Difficulty (up to 10%Res Quest) so I will have quite a few boosts. Most important is the 4 skill points. The placement I'm thinking of looks like this:

Lightning: 7 (max)
    Warmth: 1
    Telekinesis: 1
    Teleport: 1
    Charged Bolt: 11 (the rest)

I'm not sure if I should run or teleport though. Teleport would be a huge advantage over all other classes, but it takes out 2 points in Charged Bolt which would power up my Lightning.

I also realize that I'm missing FHR, and I plan to make up whatever amount that the Gloves/Boots/Belt doesn't in GCs

What is your advice on Belt/Gloves/Boots? (Not super expensive/hard to get items please) Also should I worry about Poison Res/2 missing synergy points? Or is my gear silly and it could be a lot better?

Thanks in advance, I'm a nublet to Sorcs.
  2. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

Re: Help with an LLD Lightning Sorc

i´m no pvp'er but here is what i see:

spire of lazarus offers 3 to lightning. u can get this on a plain orb. this shouldn´t be too much trouble. if u get it on a rare or magic one, there might be other nifty bonuses and up to 2 sockets. as a shield u could use a signons, with -req something jool maybe. skill and block.
    for boots cow kings are the standard i guess, specially if u want block.
    gloves: bloodfists should be hard to beat with 40 life and 30 fhr or death gloves would terminate poison all together.
    belt: deaths would be a source cbf (and res) otherwise a caster craft

iirc teleporting is considered bm except against necros, also the mana cost is huge, specially at that level. so the circlet should have frw and possibly +1 to skill tree. u could substitute the angelic combo for twitch, a skill tree amu and fcr mana rings or a manald without loosing too much and possibly even gaining life and mana

ur set-up has no fcr at all if i´m not mistaken

but for real support you should ask in the pvp-forum as crawlingdeadman knows way more about this stuff (there might be guides about lvl 18 casters too, not sure)
  3. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

dont bother. the lighting skills dont do enough damage at level 30, let alone 18. you'll also get killed rather quickly by the most populous build, the zealot if you use a staff instead of weapon/shield. if you want to make a sorc at 18, make an iceblast sorc.
  4. Nergal

Nergal IncGamers Member

@crawlingdeadman: Like I said, a nublet to sorcs :p

Although, thanks for the build swap suggestion, I was worried that it would be a little too weak.

@Krupa: Thanks for the gear advice/forum location. I was unsure which to post it in since it qualifies for both. Still, I think I'm going to swap Light for Ice Blast instead as crawlingdeadman suggested.
  5. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

until you find an orb, you can use angelic sickle for a weapon. it along with ammy and rings will give you good life, replenish, 1skill, and 50 mana. i made an 18 fissure druid and would suggest this gear for you to start with.

tarnhelm
    angelic ammy
    angelic sword
    stealth in a light armor
    pelta lunata buckler
    bloodfists
    manald heal
    deaths sash
    angelic ring
    cow king's boots

on switch have an orb or staff with +'s to a cold armor.

you will of course want to eventually get an orb with +4 to iceblast (+1cold/3iceblast), an ammy with 1cold/mana/life and rings with as much mana as you can get. from what i remember 18 casters are rather harder to make than melee builds and run through mana really fast. you probably wont want teleport as it'll eat away your mana really fast. instead get as much frw as you can and run for all you're worth. either that or try to get a good amount of defense via eth armor and pump a cold armor then go toe to toe. i dont suggest that with a zealot that's doing 1k damage + 50% chance of deadly strike however.