Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help an oldie! Stash Size/Merc Question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by kirkhamster, Jun 22, 2012. | Replies: 1 | Views: 945

1. kirkhamster

kirkhamster IncGamers Member

Hi all! I just did the digital download of d2 classic and d2 lod. I was a very active player from .08 to .10, but haven't played in over 2 years. I was having a very grand time playing Diablo 3, until I got to Inferno. Those of you that have played it will know what I'm talking about :p

So anyway, I just did all my installing and what not, and I just got my merc from Kashya, and I can't equip my merc? I know for a fact I am running LoD and not Classic. I click the "lod" shortcut, and it takes me to the "Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction" menu screen, yet i seem to still be running classic?? I simply can't figure out what is going on.

I also just realized that my stash size is small too (classic-style again?) I don't know what the deal is here.

Any advice or suggestions that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. It makes me so happy to be playing this awesome game again, the familiar background music, the sound of chipped gems landing, the sound of an aura kicking on..I am reminded why I played this so much :) Thank you for your time!
  2. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

When you create your character you should have made sure that the box labeled expansion was selected. It should be just above the box labeled hard core. This is only required for the first five characters. The new expansion only characters, Druid and Assassin, will always have that box checked.

Since the character was created as a classic character he/she needs to be upgraded to expansion. Select the character in the character selection screen and click the big button that says convert to expansion. I believe it is the middle one at the bottom of the screen.