Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell Ancients w/ solo summoner

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Tominater, Mar 17, 2012. | Replies: 4 | Views: 1686

1. Tominater

Tominater IncGamers Member

Hell Ancients w/ solo summoner

Hey everyone,

I got into D2 a few months ago and have been playing a lot on single player and decided I'd try and beat the game on Hardcore for the challenge. I decided to use a summonmancer because it seems one of the easier builds to survive with untwinked. My first run went fine until Tristram Hell where I got careless and didn't leave when my skellies were dying off and got whacked by a goatman. I think I basically got too complacent because it had been pretty easy up until hell. The 2nd run I was more careful and made it all the way through hell until the hell ancients- the ww one got too close and instantly killed me (not even a chance to drink a rejuv potion :( ). So now, being the glutton for punishment I am, I'm going for a third run, but this time I really, really, really don't want to die to the hell ancients again.

Apart from trying my best to run around and avoid them does anyone have any other advice for surviving them? Is it worth investing any points in bone armor/bone prison for instance? I've been maxing out skeletons/mastery/corpse explosion and mages.
  2. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Re: Hell Ancients w/ solo summoner

I don't see any of these skills listed, so forgive me if you've just omitted listing them:
    - At least 1 point revives, but more won't hurt; Urdars have crushing blow, so they're probably a good choice for the event. Someone with more experience with the event as a summoner might have a better recommendation though.
    - Decrep is the curse of choice for the event. At least a point in it.
    - I'd probably be using a clay golem, but an iron golem with a crushing blow weapon might do OK too. Again, at least a point in a golem + mastery each.
    - Bone wall and bone armour are one point wonders, get them, use them. Prison is kind of meh, especially for an event where one can WW out and the other can leap out.

3. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

ignore the mages, they do little damage compared to your warriors and merc, specially without lower resist. the points left are best spent untwinked into golem mastery/resis or dim vision/attract to increase their usefulness while having a low amount of +skills. the rest could synergize ur prison

decently geared one point in revives is enough, but u want them there with you. if they have cb like urdars nice, but ultimately they are close to invincible for the 3 minutes of their life. your merc needs some source of cb for sure, if worst comes to worst a random 'strength' will do till they are low on life an then switch to something with more damage. bone prison the thrower right at the start and refresh it every 15 seconds, that should leave you to deal with two of them. 23+ minions + decrep vs two ancients shouldn't be a fair fight. just make sure to stay away from both of them and keep decrep and prison active
  4. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

Hell Ancients shouldn't be a problem, if you can get to them in the first place. Go get a bunch of revives and mages just before hitting the alter, the more bodies for them to get distracted by the better. From there, keep up your curses and stay at a safe distance. Easypeasy.

If you *really* want to be safe, you can reroll in hopes of getting a better spawn using a TP scroll. Things to look out for being Cursed, Extra Strong, Might, and Fanaticism. Though, fiddling about with these things might also be a bad idea, depending on you confidence and/or nerves. :)
  5. Tominater

Tominater IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll try some of this stuff out and get back to you later with how it goes. :p