Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

heeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeee

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by chingchongma, Apr 26, 2012. | Replies: 11 | Views: 3308

1. chingchongma

chingchongma IncGamers Member

heeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeee

[h=2]why does my zealer suk[/h]
    hey i dont know why my zealer keeps dieing

my gear is
    helm:guillaumes face
    Armour: p coh ds
    shield: eth vexile
    wep: eth death
    belt: tgods
    rings: p bk and raven frost
    boots: gore riders
    ammy: highlords

plz help, no matter what i do i keep dieing in hell in a4 and a5​
  2. Fyourics

Fyourics IncGamers Member

Re: heeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeee

Your gear looks good. How about stat and skill distribution? Are you using holy shield and achieving max block?

Also, what is your characters dying to? Gloams, or physical damage?
  3. chingchongma

My stats are
    110 str
    idont not dex but i got max block rate wif holy
    220 vit
    5 energy
    something alone the lines

well heres wat i maxed
    holy shield
    zeal
    sacrifice
    fanta
    and defiance

and everythin kils me pretty much except 4 stormers or wateva their called(the floaty black thingys in a4)
    and my resis are
    34 fire
    46 cold
    75 poisen
    39 lite
  4. ambid

ambid IncGamers Member

Are you sure you have max block? It's unlikely with no points statted to dex, even if you have holy shield.
    To check your block rate, open character screen and hover your mouse over defense.
    Work on your resistance, specially fire and lightning. Gloams make quick work of everyone who have below 75 lightning resist.

Ofcourse, ideal would be to have 75 all resist(85 lightning since you are wearing tg).

5. Fyourics

You might try switching out thundergods for string of ears. DR% and life leech are pretty good for survival. Keep in mind to get some lightning resist small charms to get your lightning resist to 75. Lightning is pretty much the only resist that matters.

Also might want to try switching out guillaume's face for vampire gaze. Same deal, DR% and life leech.

What merc are you using? Since you're a physical damage dealer, I suggest an nightmare a2 offensive merc with reaper's toll.

Also, what level is you paladin? You stats distribution makes me think you're level 68~69 or whereabouts. If that's the case, try going back a few acts and gaining some levels.
  6. ambid

ambid IncGamers Member

Life leech is hardly needed when hes wearing exile. Lifetap is way more effective source of lifeleech.

7. Fyourics

Facepalm. Dammit, I need to make exile one of these days.

However, as evidenced from his posts, it's not the gloams he has a problem with, so dr% is still golden. Although max block will be way more efficient.
  8. Volren

Volren IncGamers Member

Looks like a very cookie cutter Zealot build, and he seems to be saying that he doesn't know what his dex is but it's high enough to have max block with HS. I don't see where he says Gloams don't kill him though, since he says everything kills him except finger mages.

Max resists for sure, though T-God's helps a lot against Gloams. Pit Lord Infernos can do a lot of damage when stacked up.

Beyond that it's just common sense play. Try walking instead of running when you're surrounded by large packs, try not to run around carelessly and wake up every monster in sight, keep Holy Shield up at all times, make sure you have at least 1 row (if not 2 or 3) rows of full rejuvs in your belt with a convenient hotkey for emergencies.

Losing well equipped Zealots is pretty hard when they have a consistent source of LT and you play smart, so I figure it's operator error mostly.
  9. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

sounds that way to me.

10. chingchongma

thanks guys 4 the advice
    but to be mre precise and usin proper english lol

i DO have dex but i dont no how mch i got in it
    and my merc is a nm a2 defensive
    and wat kills me the most r pit lords , oblivious knights and minions of destruction
    and i got a few questions
    wouldnt it be better to keep tgods since of the lightning resis? imean yeah the life leach is good but wouldnt i want to stack up on resis and def since i keep dieing?
    and last question is my zealer is mostly based on crushing blow (cause i got ****ty dmg) and takin of my guil would reduce it so is it worth it switchin for a vamp gaze
    (btw i am quite new and im noob so if some of the question dont make sense ignore them lol)
  11. KaytieKat

KaytieKat IncGamers Member

Hi

What is your char's level? You say Pit Lords, OK's and Lister's group kill you the most. I am gonna pit that the pit lords and OK's that get you the most are the ones after you pop the seals in Chaos.

Both chaos and throne room are lvel 85 areas. And the bosses are like 87 or 88. If your in your lowish 70's or lower they are gonna have bonuses when hitting you and you are gonna have penalties hitting them until you get closer in level.

Also thos seal bosses in chaos move FAST and can swamp you in a hurry and as for Lister and his gang well yours wont be the first char who spends a LOT of time being their hockey puck.

First thing I would do is a) max resists. Get fire and lightning at least into gold. Other 2 dont matter as much. If you have room in stash for charms to max em fine if not just make sure they positive.

Look at your hit recovery, Ideal would be 86 but you want at least 48 which is 1 break point behind 86 (meaning if you not going for 86 stop at 48 cuz 49-85 wont add nething till you hit 86)

I'd keep the tgods--they make doing baal runs much easier since they keep gloams from being a PITA. Plus the str and vitalaty would help you more than mods on str given what you have on rest of gear. If you WERE gonna switch I would do it 4 a gundo's b4 string. The vampgaze --given how strong all your other gear is I wouldnt switch it out. The leach and dr and mdr wont make a HUGE diff as much as extra CB, CS, and FHR on the gilly hat.

I have no idea what weopon your death is in or what IAS bp's your hitting with highlords and fan aura but look into to that and see if you getting fastest bp possible.

I dont see much if nething for dealing with PI's but you havent mentioned having a problem wth those so I guess they not bothering u much.

Other than that all I can say is as someone whoe does LOTS of chaos runs those two seal bosses are a PAIN even with good chars and decent gear. They can swamp you and use you as a pinata and ur dead befere you have time to even start swinging. Only thing you can really do (since many times trying to lead just one or two away and taking em out a cpl at a time is difficult giving map layout) is go in keep 1 finger on hotkey for ur rejuvs and dont be shy bout pressing it and swing as fast as you can. Once LT goes off you should be fine as long as you can hit. (This can be where AR and level penalties can be an issue. Zealers tend to be on low end AR wise but it hsoudnt be a big prob with fanaticism. so it might just be level penalties)

As for lister try not to let him swamp you and do NOT fight him so close to baal you can get decreped. Try and lead em back away from the throne room and if you can string em out to only have to take 1 or 2 at a time thats even better.

Good Luck :)

Kaytie

12. chingchongma

thanks alot :) and im lyl 88 btw
    but that really helps :)
    again thanks guys 4 all the advice