Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Headset & mouse - where to find for cheap?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Sigh, Apr 3, 2012. | Replies: 20 | Views: 1405

1. Sigh

Sigh Wizard Moderator

Headset & mouse - where to find for cheap?

Just wondering how cheap I can get this since I'm seeing the headset for like $150 and the mouse for $70 and I'd like to try to avoid spending so much if that's even possible. Also just out of curiosity for those who have them, how's the microphone? It's apparently noise canceling which leads me to believe it's really good for talking over skype or whatever while playing with your friends. Thanks :)
  2. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Re: Headset & mouse - where to find for cheap?

Err, I'm guessing you forgot to put in a link to what you're talking about, or the name of it?
  3. fsj

fsj IncGamers Member

Probably the D3 edition ones by Steelseries. I have the mouse + the barb mouse mat and I love them. The headset I won't use because I prefer true 5.1. I got mine from Amazon and they were quite a bit cheaper than direct from Steelseries, however that was amazon.co.uk as I live in the UK, not sure if the US would be the same.
  4. Bowzer

Bowzer <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a><br>D

You can get a g930 for less than that headset and it's the best headset I have ever owned.

Look into it.
  5. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

I bought the mouse from Amazon, saved about $11US on the retail price, also got the Barb mat. Very happy with both. Decided to get the "no-frills" version of the headset, the Siberia V2, and it works great as well. Not as powerful as I had hoped, but very clear and the mic is solid. I paid $80 through Best Buy for mine, they were hard to find, at least back in January.
  6. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

i just bought the d3 mouse little over a week ago and i am still adjusting to it. i have used the same type of mouse for 7-8 years now but really wanted a diablo one. i hope i get used to it before launch otherwise i will have to switch back
  7. Loriku

Loriku IncGamers Member

Still prefer my turtle beach earforce x12's over that steelseries stuff, lot cheaper even with the extra DSS amplifier, plus I use it on my xbox as well, could not ask for a better headset...I use optical cable with HD sound too so....yeah, anyway the mic is ultra clear, the headsets comfy and good luck ever trying to have them on Max volume, you'll burst your ears.

Can't really put into words how good they are, awesome surround sound as well, almost like cheating in any FPS game, can vouch for them but can't describe, slap a pair on your head and you'll see what I mean. Also they look better (personal opinion)!
  8. Loriku

Loriku IncGamers Member

Oh and for a mouse I use a cyborg RAT 5. Best mouse I've ever owned (and I used to think my razer mice were awesome).
  9. fsj

fsj IncGamers Member

Give it time. I had the same issue but now I'm used to it I love it. Being an unorthodox lefty I was just happy it wasn't designed for right handers only like a lot of decent mice are these days!

10. fsj

fsj IncGamers Member

I feel the same way about my Roccat Kave. I absolutely love the sound quality when connected to my Xonar D2X soundcard. One slight nag I have about the Kave tho is that it worryingly leaves indentations in my head when I've been wearing it for too long :crazyeyes:.

11. IgorAl

IgorAl IncGamers Member

Hey Bowzer what is that headset like for playing D3? I wanted to buy the G35 which is supposed to have the same sound but its not wirelsess. Do you think its worth getting it for a game like D3? How does the surround sound work in D3?

12. Loriku

Loriku IncGamers Member

Surround sound isn't all that immersive in D3, it's mainly because of the viewpoint you have of the game...given that though I do know what direction something is in around me in 360 degrees, it's nice to have 5.1 surround in my earholes though for D3 it doesn't benefit me as much as a FPS does - speaking from experience of my x12's
  13. IgorAl

IgorAl IncGamers Member

Do you think that its worth getting good headset for D3? Do you hear sounds that you would miss if using average speakers and does the headset enhance gaming experience or not really?

14. Loriku

Loriku IncGamers Member

I heard sounds I never heard before from D2 when I played that again for a laugh so yeah sure, the headsets always on for gaming, I only have the speakers on when playing music for my neighbours out in the sunlounge! You can't beat having a good headset really...well look at it this way, I've been sat here with my x12's on for 10 hours now and I can't feel that they're there, other than the awesome beats pummeling my eardrums!

Headsets (good ones) will always enhance anything audio related, be it gaming or just general music, I hate sounding like a turtlebeach fangurl but, I was dubious at first, I will never ever go back to anything else now though, the quality and directional sound is amazing :| it's got the best mic I've ever had too and (even though you dont really need it the DSS amplifier I bought made a huge difference). Like I've said before it's probably the only peripheral thats ever gave me an edge in gaming (moreso in fps than anything else).

Have a good shop round though, you can get some right bargains now, do I think it's worth it solely for D3....depends how much you love the game, I'd say no personally...however, if you play other games or own an xbox/ps3 as well and you can buy a headset that's compatible with those systems and your pc then I'd say yes. If you were thinking of upgrading your speakers, I'd rather have a headset as well, it's less annoying for other people anyway in the long run!
  15. IgorAl

IgorAl IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reply! I will not be playing anything except D3 but i certanly dont lack love for that game and i expect i will be playing it for years so getting the headset only for D3 is not a problem. The reason i want to get them is that i am hoping that i would hear more subtle background sounds and music than with the speakers. On top of that i wouldnt hear any outside sounds which would make the game more immersive. Ill think about it....

16. RyTEK

RyTEK IncGamers Member

@IgorAl Playing with a headset that produces good bass is definitely the way to go these days. You do pick up ambient sounds easier through a headset IMO. The bass in D3 is pretty damn cool as well, and well represented in a solid headset.

And FYI, I play with a cheap *** $30 headset and a standard optical mouse that I took from my last job. When I was playing sports, I never needed the $200 cleats to run faster, and today, I don't need the $85 mouse to own in the PvP games that I frequent. Is it even a good idea to buy a nice mouse (ala Razer or Steelseries) on a game that will surely ruin it after a few years? I'd rather throw away 5 $15 mice than 5 Razer DeathAdders. I mean really, the Diablo series is MURDER on mice.
  17. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Yeah, i agree. save that money for more RAM or more interesting beer to drink while playing. Any decent mouse will do, and you can get decent headsets for <$50 basically anywhere.

I usually go newegg or Amazon.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826623084 super cheap, but you won't notice

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104214 little more, but USB

and there's more
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826265094
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826158092
    etc
  18. DownfallX

DownfallX IncGamers Member

astros are the best headsets you can buy. they're used by MLG.
    I personally use turtle beach x11s because I got them for 36 dollars off walmart.com
    if you're on a budget. beaches are awesome. and they can be used on xbox and ps3 also.
    if you can afford more. then go for it. but I'm completley happy with my beaches
    do I wish they looked as cool as the d3 ones? hell yeah
    is the incredibly awesome styling and LED worth paying an extra 110 dollars and losing functionality and my 5.1? hell no

plus my beaches were a gift from my girlfriend :D
  19. IgorAl

IgorAl IncGamers Member

I will probably get the Turtle beach X12's ,Logitech G35s or SteelSeries v2's since many people say that they are good. They are reallativly cheap and although i could afford more expensive ones i dont think that they would significantly improve the sound quality or affect the play experience in a game like D3!
  20. grdg

grdg IncGamers Member

I just ordered the mouse and headset, wont even open them until may 15th