Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

HC Wizards Unite - Raining Meteors

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by TheDarkSide, Mar 6, 2013. | Replies: 332 | Views: 25351

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Ive finally found a WIZ build that I can play and its rather FUN as well. Doesn't involve a lot of kiting and has decent kill speed at least on MP0 in act 1 Inferno. Im headed to the Butcher now and havent had ANY OHH S moments so far.. Heres my build ---> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hellswraith-1116/hero/31542230 I found this on the web searching for Meteor Wiz builds. The guy that created it called it Raining Meteors and you can literally SPAM meteors on their pumkin heads till all is dead. I occassionally run out of mana if I dont get Crits but usually they are all dead before that happens. I currently have 33% Crit Hit Chance, 200% Crit Hit Damage. This Killing Skill paired up with Diamond Skin works really well. Its sort of a Crit Mass Varient build but its very fun and Im enjoying it so far.. We'll see once I get to act 2 Inferno how it goes but so far so good and Id advise anyone thats tried the WIZ and met frustration to give this one a shot..

:thumbup:
  2. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

The Butcher? You'd better watch out for The Bride with that character ;)
  3. Talope

Talope IncGamers Member

It would be cool to see more discussion of HC Wizard builds around here. I've been thinking of making one and never see discussions about builds people are using.

What do people use for leveling these days?
  4. TheDarkSide

Well it was fun while it lasted !! Made Para 4 and got deeded by an arcane sentry in the Depths levels 2.. But I will definately remake this build now that Ive figured out how it works..

:thumbup:
  5. TheDarkSide

Someone got it at least ...

:whistling:
  6. slyraje

slyraje IncGamers Site Pal

I wish I could contribute something useful to this thread, but I had a hard time with my wizard once I was in Inferno.

What I used to level didn't really matter since I found a solid RL 2H axe that made half of NM and all of Hell a breeze. I just evaporated everything with whatever skill I felt like using. Meteor shower was the most visually impressive, so I ended up using that to bomb elites.

I've been trying to make an arcane torrent centered build, but it ain't working.
  7. TheDarkSide

I guess no one can see my deeded toon anymore so heres the build I was using... I got too deep into act 3 at level 60(4) which is unfortunately my main problem- pushing too hard with not enuff life,levels,resists... I had 595 all resists or better, 40k life, 39K dps, 35% crit hit chance - 200% crit hit damage, about 7k armor. I think with these skills Meteor was down to about 24 mana per meteor and very spamable.. I could spam about 10 meteors before running outta mana.. Very fun build, and Im restarting tonight and Im on vacation for 9 days !! RAWR !!!!!

Meteor - Starpact
    Teleport - Fracture
    Slow Time - TimeWarp
    Storm Armor - Power of the Storm
    Diamond SKin - Prism
    --------
    Magic Weapon - Blood magic - as I had no life leech on my weapon this works good now
    Crit Mass - Because of the cool downs
    Astral Presence - mana regen
  8. Malentros

Malentros IncGamers Member

Hmm looks like fun, I'm may try something similar with my Wiz. She's feeling mighty squishy compared to my WD at the moment.
  9. Talope

Talope IncGamers Member

Very cool. Please update us as you progress.

If anyone has come across some good Blizzard builds please post those as well. I've found some on various sites but I'm not sure how current that information is. It seems like there's not a lot of HC build discussion going on anywhere.
  10. dugati

dugati IncGamers Member

I know, not enough to read up on while at work =\
  11. TheDarkSide

OK Ill update the thread since the server is down. I died at NM Belial last night level 44 wearing my Cain leveling gear.. Started over and back to level 27 as of logging out last night .. I didnt realise I was in deep poo until I glanced down at my life bulb which was sitting at 12k max before Belail sunk his arms into the ground.. It was painless and over quickly.. Lesson learned - dont fight act bosses with leveling Gear on ...
  12. Rooms Of Ruin

Rooms Of Ruin IncGamers Member

Here's the blizzard/forked lightning build my newest incarnation has been using:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RoomsOfRuin-1702/hero/31658198

She's currently farming A3 mp1 pretty safe and efficient. I solo'd a4 and inferno D (mp0) with her last week and didn't have much of a problem. Overall I'm pretty pleased with the build; forked lightning is pretty brutal if you can get your CHC above 50%. The 4 second cooldown on teleport from my source has also proven to be very beneficial.
  13. TheDarkSide

IM about this -----------------------------------------------------> close to giving up on the ultra squishy Wizard. I deeded again at level 62 this morning and Im tired of leveling this ***** back to 60 only to die over and over.. As fun as they are they are severley squishy and lack life, defense, and are one shot away from deeds.... IM rolling again at level 8 but close to saying F the WIZ for a bit and playing my barb !!!!
  14. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

I was just thinking that exact same thing... :whistling:
  15. TheDarkSide

I tweaked my build a little bit to add more attacks than just star pact and changed the
    roon to Meteor shower once I got some more APOC , currently on my way to get Kulles body
    parts with little troubles so far ...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hellswraith-1116/hero/32303724

Also went with the Templar over the Enchantress and not really noticing the armor bonus difference and liking that he will occassionally stand in the way of something...
  16. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Why not a scoundrel with freeze? My wizard has been sitting at lvl 54 for a long time now, but she was doing fine with the scoundrel. Used blizzard/hydra, but when I pick her up I will explore some different skills. I'm a sucker for channeling spells, blizzard mentioned something about improving them in one of the next patches.
  17. TheDarkSide

Well Im done with the Wiz 60(5) as I just deeded in Inferno act 3 tower level 1 to a pack of Hulking Phase Beast wallers frozen desecrater extra health arseholes ,,,, Ive tried so many Wiz builds only to end up dead so Im going BArb all the way for now on ... Way too frustrating playing the ohh so Squishy Wiz ....

bleh !!!

:alright:
  18. Malentros

Malentros IncGamers Member

That sucks man. Yeah I've learned to make sure I have a back up for the back up of my back up plan. For my Wizard, Frozen is the one type that I'm not sure I have that for. Currently I'm using Teleport as first backup, duplicates from Teleport-Fracture rune as second backup, Diamond Skin as third backup and Unstable Anomaly for that special fourth backup.

Without Unstable Anomaly I just don't feel safe against Frozen affix elites in Hardcore.

On my Witch Doctor, Mass Confusion (Paranoia) takes care of elite packs so easily, it feels almost unfair.
  19. jrsilva

jrsilva IncGamers Member

Well I did try Spectral Blades/Meteor build once and I got hammered so hard I decided not to make a wizie again. My barb kept going and I managed to make of of the best DH's in Europe. That's DH's only problem was that I was in charge and I am dumb, so I managed to kill him, even with 84k hp and almost 300k dps. So then there was the barb again, all alone in the world. With what was left from my gold, I decided to waste it all either on a WD or a Wiz. I chose the latter.

I did try other builds while making it (did all quests with no farming or advancing in acts for faster exp). No success. So I went the same way so many others have taken, maybe the easy way, the archon way: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Papacas-2298/hero/26440267

I must say I am quite happy with this char. It farms mp1 really fast ans so far with no trouble at all. My only problem is that it is not at all a coop char. I have to do the killing to keep archon up, so wither I solo or I team up with tanks that kill slow. I did play team the other day and within the 4 team members there was the 2nd best DH in Europe and it was silly for me: only could hit minions with blades and just rarely, hehehe

Be that as it may, when my barb hits PL 50, I will exp this wiz at least till 30, if I don't die in the process. Cheers and good luck for your wizies!
  20. slyraje

slyraje IncGamers Site Pal

Well, you'll get credit towards your archon timer as long as you are in range of kills by a party member. Soon...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.