Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC Monks and 1.07

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Cele, Feb 2, 2013. | Replies: 9 | Views: 2908

1. Cele

Cele IncGamers Member

I have read the patch notes and there seem to be a lot of sweet changes coming for monks. I have a so so geared 60 monk still lying around and it might be nice to play her again. However most new builds are not very HC proof, and I was curious as to what the more experienced monks will use in HC in patch 1.07.
  2. Kornkills

Kornkills IncGamers Member

we will find out soon :)

i am looking maybe going thunderclap/blind+30%dmg/overaw/sweep win cyclone/serenity
  3. VagrantKing

VagrantKing IncGamers Member

Not sure either. Haven't done any testing on PTR. I am looking forward to some type of Cyclone Strike or Wave of Light builds. I want to try builds that don't rely of Sweeping Wind.

Sounds no different than now, imo
  4. Kornkills

forgot to add.... the BEEEEEEEEEEELLLL FROM HELLLLLL into that build idea lol
  5. Kornkills

was doing some pvp, was winning with this spec

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aTeYgh!bdU!aabcaa

made a barb very made cause apperently his gear is better lol (not really, just his opinion)... but he was getting 1 shot with 7sided and my skorn

blind is a great cc, and i have a belt with chance to freeze, and when dual wielding my dodge was at 55% with mantra and 2.11 APS.
  6. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Kornkills, how the hell are you getting back up into high paragon levels so quickly each time? You're onto your 11th monk already and my first one is only at P12... OK I play only a couple of hours each week but still, maybe you have some nice tips for accelerating the process :)
  7. Kornkills

I always play in a group, we do 20-25 minutes per run of tower damned1, tower cursed 1 and 2, cyndia, core + azmo, arreat crater 2, rakkis and fields, keeps2. Not the best exp, but it's a nice mix of an exp run and item farming run... and with the new patch cyndia is threat target number 1!!!!!!

I have a hellfire ring finally, and 65k dps in my grind set
  8. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Gratz on the ring!

I'm in doubt what route to go, I can currently farm MP2, so I do combination runs of EXP and key hunting. Clear the alkaizer bits of A3 and then kill the warden for example.

Further upgrades are currently >10m, but as I only play little hours I'm strapped for cash big time. I'd like to focus on getting EHP+DPS higher so I can get a hellfire ring, but I'm not sure how long it will take to get some more money in the bank. I might have to put on MF and do A3 MP0 runs to see if I get lucky.

Interesting run with the bosses included, what quest do you start that run at?
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  9. Kornkills

second heart, heart of sin.

MF is king, getting capped with enough ehp and dps to clear mp0 is all you need, should be finding good stuff often.
  10. Kornkills