Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

HC Monk Shield/THnded/DW question

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Raventiger, Oct 17, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 1204

1. Raventiger

Raventiger IncGamers Site Pal

Hi All,

I'm rather new to hardcore play and the monk class. Currently I'm playing my way through normal with a fist weapon and a shield. Problem is it looks kinda wrong. Giving the monk a staff or two fist weapons looks and feels better IMO. Now I'd rather look bad then be a dead character, so I've decided to stick with the shield for now.

I was wondering if any HC monk players played their character DW/2Hnded. If so how did you find the game? Did you find you were more likely to die without a shield?

Many thanks, and good hunting in your HC adventures.

Raven
  2. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

This has been discussed many times. General advice is to be safe and level to -say- paragon 20 with shield and then start experimenting with shield/DW/2H. They can all be good, so it's a matter of personal taste.

My first monk was S&B all the way until he died at P49, was fine in MP6, maybe higher even. My 2nd monk (P63) was also S&B board until recently I switched to Dual Wield. Plays quite differently but MP6 is also fine. So both work and 2H can work also with a Bell build although that is not for me.
  3. Raventiger

Raventiger IncGamers Site Pal

Thanks for the response Grishok. Your advice is helpful. Sorry for the repeat question I should have done a proper forum search before posting
  4. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

No problem, I recently dived into this again, some choices keep lingering in the back of your head and this is surely one of them :)

GL with getting to 60, the monk thread is full of good info.