Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC is pretty damn fun....

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by darkrealm, Nov 29, 2012. | Replies: 25 | Views: 1535

1. darkrealm

darkrealm IncGamers Site Pal

I tried a few times and finally got to 60 and now at PL4 cruising around act1 farming MP0 hoping for upgrades, but man it is so much more fun than SC. After getting 5 60's on SC I really needed a break from the mindless act3 runs for xp and HC was just the thing to bring it all back to a place where I am having fun again. I kind of wish I would have started playing HC from the beginning.
  2. Flayer

Flayer IncGamers Member

Welcome to the real game.
  3. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

4. mesafalcon

mesafalcon IncGamers Member

Cool.

Darkrealm in HC =)

i switched about 1 month ago. liking it a lot... found my first "good" find last week... and IK helm with 121 str roll, in SC a measly 2-3 mil? sold it low at 34mil in HC.

GL
  5. darkrealm

It seems a more pure way to play the game to me. I do not want to get down on the RMAH, but I really enjoy trying to figure out how I am going to upgrade my character on the very limited supply on the GAH on HC. I find myself selling my crafting mats to have some money to get gear...what a concept, I have to actually earn my upgrades.

@Mesa, please feel free to add me. Just started Act2 so I am sure I am not to your playing level, but it is always nice to see other HC players. And gratz on the find. I havent found anything great yet at PL6.

@Spiffy, we do make a pretty good team. Although watching us both almost die on MP1 was enough for me to stop playing MP1 for now. LOL
  6. spiffymcbang

yeah, that stint on MP1 made me feel like my avatar. :) I like to think I am the voice of reason on the difficulty thing but most of elites in act 2 black canyon mines had a similar feeling as MP1 i act 1. I think I need more farming in act 1.
  7. Dreadbringer

Dreadbringer IncGamers Member

Welcome aboard!
  8. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

There are very few reasons to ever play anything other than MP0.

1. Farming keys.
    2. Playing Ubers.
    3. Farming Act I on MP1 because that resets all the monsters to lvl 63 and improves drop quality.

No debating #1 & #2. #3 is debatable because the general consensus for farming for either drops or experience is that the faster you can get from elite pack to elite pack, and the faster you can dispatch them, the better.

And frankly, early on in your Paragon leveling, you need to be working for experience more than anything, because the best way to get your drop quality up is to increase you magic find, and the best way to do that is gain paragon level. Get your char up into the 20's paragon and get strong enough to run act III on mp0 and that's when the drops really start to get much better. So, with that in mind even running Act I should be done on MP0.
  9. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

Hardcore is so much fun

especially when there is a random lagspike and you lose your lvl 60 PL 99 char.

'Fun'

I think thats the only reason I dont do HC. My soul would be crushed if the char died without me being an idiot.
  10. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

It is certainly not for everybody that is for sure. Neither is jumping out of an airplane with a parachute strapped on your back (or any other of assorted dangerous activities).

But it's that risk, that danger, the adrenaline rush you get from it that is probably the #1 reason people like to play HC. It makes it feel like there is more to play for, there is more of a point to it. Yeah, it can be crushing to lose a character that you've spent 280 hours playing. But you get up, dust yourself off, and get right back to it working on the replacement (speaking for myself). And in every single case, each time I've rebuilt my character has improved and gotten stronger than his predecessor.

11. darkrealm

I think about things a bit differently. I know I will more than likely die at some point, but until then I am gaining wealth. I think I have several million in gems, crafting mats, and some other items for my next HC toon (my monk at 23 now). So yes, I could be crushed tonight by death, but half the fun is getting there. :thumbup:
  12. slyraje

slyraje IncGamers Site Pal

I lost my first HC character at level 31 due to a lag spike and said screw HC. Went back to SC for all of one act 3 run, and then made a new HC character.

I've had 5 HC deaths, but I've noticed each new character gets through the leveling process faster than the last, and you do build up wealth and backup gear. It currently takes me around 11-12 hours to get to inferno, but I've finally collected a Cain's set to speed things up.

As much as another lag/bug related death would piss me off, I can never go back to SC.
  13. VHD

VHD IncGamers Member

Started my iron man HC wizard today - no auction house, no hand-me-down items, no freebies. I'm only using what I can find in the game. We shall see how long I last :p

Progress may be slower, but crafting and drops will become much more meaningful.
  14. Peculator

Peculator IncGamers Member

I finally got a new computer for playing Diablo III (and Starcraft II) and managed to convince two friends to start a HC character with me. I used to play Diablo II exclusively on hardcore and planning on keeping it that way for Diablo III. First weekend was great! played through normal at a blazing speed (mates only know softcore powering) while still enjoying the cut-scenes which were all new to me.

To be honest though, I must admit that I'm kinda hoping for one of them to die now...with their reckless charging through everything. Am I a bad person?
  15. darkrealm

Good luck!

I get that. It can be rough to watch people barrel through the content with absolute disregard.

On a side note, half way through PL11 to pl12. I have only found 2 leggies and they were both crappy Tzo's monk helms. UGH. Here is hoping for some better drops! Spiffy and I are almost ready to kill Belial. I R Scared!
  16. slyraje

Good luck. I just dropped Kulle and Belial last night. I was tired of Act I farming so I just went for it. Kulle actually gave me more of a scare than belial did.
  17. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

The rush of HC!!!

A couple of days ago my first HC monk had some brushes with death in A1 Hell, so I decided to change some skills and gear to get some more EHP. In the middle of this process I resumed my game to check some stats in-game. On spawning I was immediately attacked by a nasty elite pack. As I hadn't expected that at all and had just changed some of my skills it all took me by suprise, I started to panic and run away. Luckily I realised just in time I was about to run into an area full of monsters with the elite pack on my tail and kinew then I had only 1 option: tough it out or die.

I managed to survive, but I had to take a breather afterwards, I thought "this just can NOT be the way I die!". Now in A3 Hell, rolling along very smoothly, very satisfying with this recent experience in mind :)
  18. spiffymcbang

But does he look like Iron Man!!!

do you recall your base stats ?
    life
    armor
    res all
    damage

We are concerned our damage is not high enough to kill him before rage timer, but Kulle when down without a fuss.

Currently I sit at (unbuffed):
    52k life
    ~6500 armor
    425 resist all
    29k damage.
  19. slyraje

You should be fine. I had:
    28k life
    ~4500 armor
    500-600 resist all (I'm not using OWE)
    26k damage

Belial would take about a quarter to a third of my life per regular attack, but the health globes he dropped were enough to keep my health above 50%. When he made it rain, I would just attack and move until the area next to him got too dangerous, then I'd pop 7SS followed by Serenity. It was enough to not get hit by a green ball of fire. He was dead before he could make it rain again.

Act III is pretty close to what Act I is on mp1. I'm not able to kill things fast enough, and have had two super close calls. I'm going back to farming Act I until I can get my dps closer to 50k.
  20. darkrealm

Yeah that is my concern too. Once we get to Act3 it might be a bit rough for us. I did kill a couple of dozen packs on MP1 in act1 the other day, but too many close calls.

I think my dps is ~36K, and even if we down belial, not sure how far we can get in Act 3.