Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HC Barb Levelling Build?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Graydagger, May 22, 2013. | Replies: 1 | Views: 7959

1. Graydagger

Graydagger IncGamers Member

Hello, I'm currently playing a level 41 Barbarian in Hardcore. I like using two handed weapons, and Normal was pretty fun with Revenge, Ground Stomp, and Rend. I just jumped into a huge pile of demons, smashed them to bits after stunning them and it went fine. I use 2x defensive passives+1 offensive one.

However, right now I don't really know what to do with my build since I'm in nightmare and death can be more of a possibility. I have around 1.2k HP and 800-900 DPS right now.

My questions:

1) Are two handed weapons viable in HC?
    2) If so, what build would you recommend? I especially don't know what to use as a left click, no fury spending skill.
    3) If not, what other safe and fun build would you recommend?

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I'm sorry I accidentally created the same thread. My browser bugged for a bit and I didn't realize it was already posted.
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  2. JEB90

JEB90 IncGamers Member

Here's the build I used to level my HC barbs. Other than a disconnect death at lvl 50, it carried me to 60 on all of them. Obviously add the skills as they become available, but you can go a long way on cleave, rend, and revenge. Once you get into hell, you might want another defensive passive, but it's easy to out gear the content until them--especially if you use the AH. I much prefer 2x1h weapons--especially as LOH becomes very important as you move along. At some point, frenzy becomes a better option because of that, too. I would suggest keeping the best ruby you can afford socketed into your weapons until you start to get decent crit chance. Until you can pull off the ww build, cleave/frenzy + rend and revenge is decent for both killing speed and safety.