Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Having Two or More Accounts To Double/Triple Your Sales if

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by Enlil, Apr 17, 2012. | Replies: 26 | Views: 3507

1. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

Having Two or More Accounts To Double/Triple Your Sales

Hey People

Here is something I've been thinking about.
    I wounder what blizzards stance will be in regard to having 2/3/4 or even more bnet accounts linked to one paypal account.

For example, 3 kids all playing with there accounts linked to dads paypal account will be normal.
    I should not think blizz would have a problem with it as the "user" has purchased multiple copies of the game.

Having multiple accounts will be essential for players who invest a lot of time "12+ hr farming sessions" into the game, and for those players 10 listings on the RMAH will just not be enough to sell all the gear they have found during those long farming sessions.

I plan to have two accounts to start, with just one being my "main" account and the other to act as mules and for the 10 RMAH slots on that account.

But you know what Blizzard is like, they ban people for all sorts of strange reasons.

Thoughts ??
  2. Amarules

Amarules IncGamers Member

Re: Having Two or More Accounts To Double/Triple Your Sales

I can't see why Blizzard will have any issue with this at all. If you bought multiple copies of the game you are entitled to attatch them to whatever paypal account you wish. It would be ludicrous for them to force you to create one paypal account per copy.

So in my eyes it's a non-issue. What is an issue is only being able to launch one instance of Diablo 3 at a time which makes muling more difficult than it needs to be (either have a 2nd computer nearby, windows account switching or solutions using 3rd party software).
  3. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

Yeah, just use 2 or more PC's, add the other accounts as "friends" invite them to join the game and transfer the items to those accounts.

4. Pheal

Pheal IncGamers Member

I wouldnt be surprised if they only allowed 1 unique paypal per account. They won't care if you have more than 1 account more revenue for.them. As long as you stay between thr tos/eula it should be fine.
  5. viledevil

viledevil IncGamers Member

i am anticipating one paypal account per bnet account but would love to be wrong. that said should something go awry its good to be diversified...
  6. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

You would need two bnets accounts anyway "can't have two of the same game on one bet accouts"
    So just link each bnet account to the same paypal account.

Loads of kid wow players must have this set already on there parents paypal account for paying subs, so there should not be a problem with it.

7. viledevil

this aint wow, we'll see.

and obviously many will have multiple bnet accounts, the question is whether or not one paypal account can be used for multiple bnet accounts and in another sense the damage that can be done to your business should that paypal account get shut down by bliz for something.
  8. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

Blizzard has no power over your paypal account, the only thing they could do in regrard to your paypal account is cancel the link between your paypal account and bnet account.

9. viledevil

how do you define power?

losing access to d3 for my paypal account would be awful - its not like you can just keep opening up verified business accounts there. perhaps they've eased their rules but back in the day there were limits on what you until you were a verified account. i used to use a paypal 'mastercard' to withdraw my cash, i doubt you can get that on a new paypal account. i believe you can only withdraw like 500$ a month without upgrading your account. i think there are limits as to what you can receive also.

10. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

Power as in, they can't touch your paypal account, its just linked to your bnet account for authorized payments "wow subs" for them to take as you gave them permission, or to pay RMAH cash into.

If blizzard contacted paypal and wanted access to your account to take money or something that would be so illegal if paypal gave them access. Only the police or legal system have powers like that.

You can open up as many personal paypal accounts as you want, I have two.
    I think they changed it, I have a personal accounts you can lift the limits as soon as you've verified a bank account.
    I don't have a mastercard for my accounts, I just click withdraw to bank account and it does it.
  11. AKUder

AKUder IncGamers Member

They may require that the e-mail associated with your b.net account is the same e-mail for your paypal account. This would be an easy way to enforce 1 account per paypal. I kind of expect this to be the case.
  12. viledevil

I have never heard you could hook up multiple verified paypal accounts up to one bank account.

with regards to the emails matching, you can add emails to your paypal account.
  13. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

No you have it the wrong way round.
    The thread is about linking multiple bnet accounts to one paypal account.

14. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

Perhaps, but not sure.
    It would make sense as you describe, but there is no reason blizz cannot make payments to you with a different paypal email than your bnet email. They should just make the payments via your paypal email which blizz have from linking your paypal to your bnet account.

15. viledevil

you said:

"You can open up as many personal paypal accounts as you want, I have two.
    I think they changed it, I have a personal accounts you can lift the limits as soon as you've verified a bank account.
    I don't have a mastercard for my accounts, I just click withdraw to bank account and it does it."

do you use the same bank account for both accounts?

are there limits as to what you can withdraw?

16. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

You have to have seperate bank accounts for each paypal account, so just open another bank account that does nothing but receive paypal payments from your second paypal account.

So you'd need a D3 key on each bnet account, both bnet accounts linked to seperate paypal accounts which are then linked to seperate bank accounts.

Once you have linked a bank account with paypal and its verified you can lift the limits.

As far as the "connecting multiple bnet accounts to one paypal" not sure.
    Its not something I've tried to do, would be usefull because then you would only need one paypal account and one bank account.

I'll try this before setting up both bnet accounts with different paypal accounts, if it works then great only one paypal account need to receive sales from multiple bnet accounts.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  17. dfold

dfold IncGamers Member

I have multiple bank accounts connected to my paypal.
  18. sammeh

sammeh IncGamers Member

Come back to reality Enlil. Honestly, no offense, but after reading so many of your posts regarding how you plan to survive financially off of the RMAH, it is of my opinion that you have a poor chance to succeed. I don't care about the discipline or longevity of your play style. Your utilities, food, and other living necessities will dwarf the amount you make playing this game, unless: 1) You are privy to duping, bots, hacks and/or 2) you have a profound understanding of economics,markets, player psyche, and future game developments which gives you a competitive advantage over the majority. Once again, after reading your posts, it is obvious you are not relying on either of these requirements, solely requiring on "hardcore" hardcore gaming, this will not cut it for a viable living IRL.

I do not mean to insult at all, and I love your optimism, but there are much smarter people than you and I who have real plans to make money, whom will likely manipulate the markets. Since your ultimate goal is to play the game to survive IRL, maybe you should consider offering other services, such as leveling, where your dedicated hardcore gaming could actually provide value to someone.
  19. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

Hahaha, ROFL & LMFAO.

Well thats your opinion and your entitled to it, but it doesn't mean your correct.
    Your just another one of this posters thats all "Oh no you won't make a living from the game blah blah blah"

The funniest part was "people whom will manipulate the market" lol no one person or group of people will be able to do this due to the limited auction slots per account and the millions of people on each region. To gain a small amount of control over the market a group of players would need to invest a vast sum of real money. That is a fact you should already know due to your economics and accounting degrees. "Yes I read all of your "2" lol posts"

Hmmm, just jealous I think that you know you won't be able to make a living from it while I and others who understand the game and have vast amounts of time to farm will.

Its ok don't cry, not all of the player base will have the knowledge time and skill to make decent money.
    Now quit qq'ing, learn to play and invest some serious play time so you can be amoung those that make good money.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  20. viledevil

to get back on topic.

thanks for the bank account / paypal info. still seems to me that its a hassle to keep reopening accounts so being banned is more costly than just losing a copy of d3.