Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Having a good amount of trouble..And bad luck

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by BillysRocketNards, Aug 14, 2005. | Replies: 7 | Views: 543

1. BillysRocketNards

BillysRocketNards IncGamers Member

Having a good amount of trouble..And bad luck

So I started a cookie cutter meteorb sorc, because I heard they were great for soloing hell. Well, I've been in group games and in solo games, and group games work out fine around 40 percent of the time, but solo games suck big time. I get royally owned by many things. Here, i'll list my setup.

Level 77
    Str: 90
    Dex: (base)
    Vit: 254
    Ene: 85

Helm: Lore Bone Helm
    Weap: Leaf Short Staff
    Armor: Duriel's Shell (lucky find..because I lack mf too)
    Ammy: A +30 res all rare ammy because I need it
    Belt: Sigons wrap
    2 rare rings with faster cast, more gold, some resists
    Rare gloves and rare boots

lvl 24 fireball
    lvl 24 meteor
    lvl 21 FM

Meteor: 6946 dmg
    FB: 3100

And here's the kicker..

Resistances:
    Fire: -10
    Cold: 54
    Lightning: 5
    Poison: -24

I can do decent damage, but my merc dies fast, I have no little to no mf (maybe like 30%), and I die in like 2 hits from anything. It kinda sucks. Any advice or help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

immediately get rid of the lore staff. shop for a 20fcr wand from any nm/hell store, and use that until you can find either a wiz spike, suicide branch, or decent sorc orb (2 skills, 20 fcr.) make a new shield. if you can, go for a 3-4 pdiamond shield. if you can't, take the ancient's pledge. if you can afford it, go with a spirit shield.

i would sacrifice the lore helm for a 3s ptopz helm. the advantage is minimal, and the upside on the ptopz is higher.

instead of the sigons, make any crafted caster belt with exceptional or elite belts.

3. BillysRocketNards

BillysRocketNards IncGamers Member

Yeah..I was thinking of getting something to replace the leaf and lore..But once I remove those two, my meteor damage goes from almost 7k to 4.5k, and I have an even harder time soloing. But thanks for the advice. Any other would be appreciated as well.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

getting killed in two hits has nothing to do with the amount of damage you do. if you do more or less, you'll still get killed in two hits.

also, the best orb + shield is only beat by the best staff by 1 skill point (in energy shield.) you can get up to +5 all on orb/shield. even a crappy orb matches a leaf staff.

5. lonnie913

lonnie913 IncGamers Member

youre going to need a good mercenary too. maybe let him wear the duriels shell :lol: he'll also need a good weapon...honor runeword or insight runeword are great if made in exceptional or elite ethereal polearms. you could always live with a 4 socket armor with runes (for the 30res to each element) or topazes. also consider just shopping a belt of the whale, hopefully with a nice resistance as a prefix. i would probably have a bahamuts or fcr wand with pdiamond shield on one switch, and the leaf on the other. you have maxed frozen orb right? that is pretty good in single player games.

also as a playstyle sort of things i tend to do two things a lot that help my merc survive. i sprinkle in glacial spikes to freeze everything around him (in fact, when my character and merc are weak i sometimes exclusively use meteor + glacial spike b/c its safer). and also i teleport...A LOT. i teleport to keep my merc from being overwhelmed and to keep the enemies occupied. once you teleport (not far, just one step from where you were) you merc comes with you and the monsters stop attacking to walk to your merc again. when im against tough monsters with weak equipment i teleport approximately every 2 seconds. im not exaggerating...it really helps your merc survive and merc survival is vital to the untwinked sorceress.

6. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

Try making one of the cheap runewords for shields like Ancient's pledge and Rhyme. Because of your low resistances you will get hurt badly from the stray elemental attack.

How powerful is your orb? What is your level of Cold Mastery with skills?

7. phool

phool IncGamers Member

A spirit sword and shield would be nice - if u have any friends, get yourself rushed to nm hf a couple of times and with a little luck u should be able to afford this - after all, 1/2 the runes u get off a5 q2.

8. sword

sword IncGamers Member

Wow, I am rather suprised. I have a meteorb with worse resistances, but a few better rare gears perhaps. She soloes just fine (and even without a merc because he dies to easily). Right now, she can slowly solo early act 3, early and late act 4, and most of act 2. I might die a few times, but I've been very well accustomed to sorceresses and this time I have block (I never really liked block before because I had a sorceress with it and it died too many times and couldn't solo at all).

I don't exactly remember how many + skills I have (maybe 3 or 4), but i stacked up on various mana/life charms, fcr (stealth armor for teleport, ormus for damage), and a lot of +life and +mana gear like belts (magics with the squid suffix or whale are great towards life and tals belt is a good source of mana gear).

I also use a switch orb with mana shield when I feel like I am over my head. I have some trouble (minimal) with cold immunes but most of the time this is accompanied by the mod I really hate right now, extra fast.